S**t-Box Racing Series

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
This needs to be kept off the record. This isn't a race. It's just a bunch of buddies that tend to drive their rigs fastish. Last place owes first place the pile of pooled (root)beer money. It's not a prize.

So then we (Greg) need to pick a route that is least likely to cause anyone else any grief if we happen to pass them going fastish. Four wheel drive should be a requirement. Not that the course needs to have it, but the cars need to. That will help keep the vehicles similar.

J-mobzz

I’m in to put some money and work in with a team but I don’t have a spot to build anything unfortunately. So when this thread goes private (it will need to) keep me in mind guys I’d love to do it.
I’m thinking bronco ii with ttb.

J-mobzz

I also think a less crowded area where the course could be well marked would be of benefit. You get in a groove driving and feel so fast until you come up on a washed out deep cut in the road you didn’t expect and are going to fast to do anything but crash. I have some pretty good race course on the south side of 5 mile I put together like 8-9 years ago trying to do a BOR race till the BLM shut it down hard. I think Delle has some good potential also. Way to much protected wetlands in that area to ever get a blessing to do anything buttt thats the area I would look at personally.

Coco

If it is a designated road/route, I would think it would be ok? Scout out a 'course' put it in GPS, and send it to all 'friends'.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
South of Wendover is pretty awesome and low-key place to run. I was amazed at the variety of terrain and roads in that area.

pELYgroso

'Merica
How about the top half of the competitors win the bottom half's race rigs? So, the 1st place winner wins the rig of the team that got just below "top-half" and the loser of the top half gets the very last place rig. multiple DNFs would put guys in a position based on whatever mile marker they're at. That would make it interesting...

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
In my defense, I don't want anyone`s shit 1000 dollar rig. I'll just admit that team magna has badass fab tables to make a 300 dollar rig a 2k rig, it's just a compliment. Hence I have hedged my bets and purchased a magna post office box. If this does not suffice, I pitched a dually axle crown Victoria to the guys at work to meet the 4wd requirement

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
In my eyes it’s still a fair rule because the point of the rule remains the same;

The point of the rule is to prevent people putting over $1,000 invested in, so the car should only be worth $1,000. If you win and you feel like you are ripped off by someone only giving $1,000 for your vehicle, then you missed the point of the build. If anything it should be that you invest $800 and walk away with $1,000 :cool: (plus the losers entry fees)

It doesn’t say you have to trade with the shitty car if you win, it just says you walk away with $1,000. So it’s not like you are investing $3k into a car and if you win you take home a car that’s $250 value.
I understand the rule and the spirit of it but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. The $1k for a car isn’t the expensive part, it’s the time I would put into it to try and make it competitive and safe-ish.

*Shark Tank voice*
And for that reason, I’m out.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Man, I wish I had a fab table. My two tables were cut out of a LARGE rectangular tube. One has a crown on it so bad I can't put anything round on it. The other has a leg like a half inch shorter than the other three. So obviously no fab table and obviously no fab skills. Then there's Carl and Kevin. Why are you guys scared? :D