S**t-Box Racing Series

STAG

Offroad and Industrial Design
Supporting Member
I've decided to build the cheapest shitbox and then at the end of the race buy team magna's car for 1k !
annnnd that's why I hate that rule.
In my eyes it’s still a fair rule because the point of the rule remains the same;

The point of the rule is to prevent people putting over $1,000 invested in, so the car should only be worth $1,000. If you win and you feel like you are ripped off by someone only giving $1,000 for your vehicle, then you missed the point of the build. If anything it should be that you invest $800 and walk away with $1,000 :cool: (plus the losers entry fees)

It doesn’t say you have to trade with the shitty car if you win, it just says you walk away with $1,000. So it’s not like you are investing $3k into a car and if you win you take home a car that’s $250 value.

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
In my defense, I don't want anyone`s shit 1000 dollar rig. I'll just admit that team magna has badass fab tables to make a 300 dollar rig a 2k rig, it's just a compliment. Hence I have hedged my bets and purchased a magna post office box. If this does not suffice, I pitched a dually axle crown Victoria to the guys at work to meet the 4wd requirement

xj_nate

Poser
In my eyes it’s still a fair rule because the point of the rule remains the same;

The point of the rule is to prevent people putting over $1,000 invested in, so the car should only be worth $1,000. If you win and you feel like you are ripped off by someone only giving $1,000 for your vehicle, then you missed the point of the build. If anything it should be that you invest $800 and walk away with $1,000 :cool: (plus the losers entry fees)

It doesn’t say you have to trade with the shitty car if you win, it just says you walk away with $1,000. So it’s not like you are investing $3k into a car and if you win you take home a car that’s $250 value.
I understand the rule and the spirit of it but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. The $1k for a car isn’t the expensive part, it’s the time I would put into it to try and make it competitive and safe-ish.

*Shark Tank voice*
And for that reason, I’m out.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Man, I wish I had a fab table. My two tables were cut out of a LARGE rectangular tube. One has a crown on it so bad I can't put anything round on it. The other has a leg like a half inch shorter than the other three. So obviously no fab table and obviously no fab skills. Then there's Carl and Kevin. Why are you guys scared? :D

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I understand the rule and the spirit of it but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. The $1k for a car isn’t the expensive part, it’s the time I would put into it to try and make it competitive and safe-ish.

*Shark Tank voice*
And for that reason, I’m out.
I think you missed the "S**t-box'" part of the concept

haulinshine

In my defense, I don't want anyone`s shit 1000 dollar rig. I'll just admit that team magna has badass fab tables to make a 300 dollar rig a 2k rig, it's just a compliment. Hence I have hedged my bets and purchased a magna post office box. If this does not suffice, I pitched a dually axle crown Victoria to the guys at work to meet the 4wd requirement
if the dually crown vic isn't good enough we can always use belts to connect the front tires to the rear drive tires, easy peasy 4x4

STAG

Offroad and Industrial Design
Supporting Member
I may have my vehicle picked out... I just have to figure out how to get it home without my neighbors finding out about another one 😂