San Rafael Trip

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
When & where are you going? The winter is a great time to be in the Swell, cold at night but serene and lonely in its own right. I'll likely be down there a couple of time in Feb, not sure if your thinking before or after then.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'd really like to run this one as well. I have not been there so I'd be a good follower. But I know Kurt can find his way through there better then anyone so we'll just have to make sure he comes. I should be street legal by Feb. If so I'd like to come along.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
depends on how much time you want to spend

We could enter at Ferron and go down either Devil's Racetrack or Eva Conover, then camp down that way. Day 2 could head down towards temple mountain or Hidden Splendor--actually there is another mine down that way I haven't checked out yet that I would like to(have to look at a book can't think of it off the top of my head--to the West of HS). Loop back up and come back through black dragon canyon and out buckhorn into huntington.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...actually there is another mine down that way I haven't checked out yet that I would like to(have to look at a book can't think of it off the top of my head--to the West of HS)...

Tomsich Butte Mines and Lucky Strike Mines are worthwhile stops along that corridor.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Come on people... when are you going?:p How am I supposed to bail on another trip if I don't even know when it is?

No really though... I'd like to go too!:bryson:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Not to take away from this trip, but it sounds like we have enough interest that we can just start throwing up dates and pick the one that works best for you.

Is this some that can be worthwhile to do, say leave early friday morning and get home saturday night? Or is more then one night the way to go?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm probably best suited to leave friday afternoon and return sunday evening. I know my way around well enough that I can meet up Friday eve though.

The last weekend of Jan and the first weekend of Feb are bad for me.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Okay... Well when is best for everyone? Cody you mentioned that the first week of Feb is bad--what about the second week of Feburary? It would be nice if everyone that showed interest could make this trip :D

eprobe

Hmmm, I'm not being informed when I'm getting replies to my post. This seems to be a serious problem for me. Kurt, you is everywhere.

eprobe

Suggestions for where and when

Unstuck, Rot Box, Cody and of course, Cruiseroutfit;

I'm on several forums and some send me e-mails when I get replies, some don't. This one didn't, so I haven't kept up. Mea culpa. But now I'm subscribed. I've been speaking w/ Cruiseroutfit on another forum. I'm thinking about a 3 day weekend. How does Feb. 13-15 sound? Kurt, you're indispensible, so really, it's whatever works for you.

I'd like to do some exploring of the narrows on the eastern reef but I'm flexible. Other places I'm interested in: Mexican Mtn, if the road is open and the roads around Temple Mtn. But Rot Box, you mentioned Black Dragon and the Devil's Racetrack and some other mine--those all sound interesting, too.

The only thing we'd have to keep in consideration is to avoid the shaly black slippery goo that coats some of the roads around the Swell. If you've been to the Swell after a rainstorm, you know what I'm talking about! We could probably handle short stretches of it, but if we have to drive on it all day, we won't make good time.

I like to travel in the winter because there aren't many tourists around. And I've got the extreme weather sleeping bag, parka, etc. to stay semi-comfortable (when I'm not driving my ice-box).

I'm down in Mt. Pleasant, which is near Ephraim. Is there some place the interested parties could get together and plan this out over coffee/beer?

Again, my apologies and I'm looking forward to wheeling w/ you guys!

eprobe

Noticing that the dates wouldn't work for Maverick. How does everyone feel about Feb. 6-8, or 20-22 or does the 13-15 work out better for everyone?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I would like to head down with you guy's.

I'm pretty busy at work, but I think that any Fri-Sun would work great as long as I had at least a week or two notice in advance :D