Sas aligment

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
ya forget stabalizers, i run with my bead locks and 40in michelins and run it up to 70 no problems.

look into caster as with a sas it could be way off with longer shackles and what not.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
well i know one of my wheels is bent so thats why i suggested it, i run only one stabalizer and i used to run none, but the bent wheel dosent help

chicken77

throttle jockey
Well a deer is dead and in the butcher shop so back to the death wobble. I added 2 degree shims to bring the pinion down and my wobble moved from 30, 31 mph to 35mph? So what next..... I have some 6 degree shims, do I try them?

iamsparticus

no no don't try a steeper shim that will screw up your tires returning to center and make your drive line angle sharper than u want i really would see about a bent wheel

Chevycrew

The important part is measuring where he is at now, before suggesting what shims to use.

The 2 degree shims moved the wobble, so its seems caster is the issue. Armed with an angle finder, and finding that with the 2 degree shims its at 10 degrees of caster. Swapping in a set of 6 degree shims to roll the pinion up, seems to have resolved the death wobble. Now there is a new issue, with 1-2 degrees of caster, the tie-rod hits the leaf spring. Hopefully there is a happy medium between tie-rod rubbing and alignment.

But its getting there.

Note:

It looks as though the trail gear kit put it at 8 degrees caster, where the factory specs are 4 degrees.

iamsparticus

Well im glad the death wobble for him is solved, funny enough i solved mine too. I found my front tires were wearing on the inside and i rotated them and adjusted my alignment and no more wobbles except you can still feel the bent wheel when slightly turning