Save "Hanging Tree Trail" urgent....Today

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
HELP.....Sanpete County Commisioners are meeting this week to decide whether of not to grant permission to a private land owner to gate and control the county road at the bottom of Axe Handle Canyon which would put an end to access of the Hanging Tree Trail. The Gate would split the main County road and the upper Class D roads.
The Commisioners are concidering this action due to some vandalism to a few of the farmers pieces of equiptment, they dont nessarily see any reason to keep this canyon public....If you have ever enjoyed this trail, or these canyons now is the time to let them know....please email the commisioners and let them know how much you have enjoyed this trail. show them reason to keep it public. We have cleaned up these canyons and brought money into the county by buying fuel, food, hotel rooms. These canyons used to be private land fills and now they are cleaned up and Im going to meet with one of the commisioners and show them pictures of our club filling up roll off dumpsters and what not. Please email these commisioners and be respectful they are trying to do what is best for Sanpete County.
Thank You, James Millett

County Commisioner

Claudia Jarrett
email...... claudiaj@cut.net

Steven Frishnecht
email....... sfrish@mail.manti.com

Spencer Cox
email.......... scox@cut.net

You may have ran the Hanging Tree Trail for the last time.
Please email them a short and sweet message TODAY!! they meet this week

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
To Whom it may concern,

I am writing about keeping public access Axe Handle Canyon. Please consider keeping access to this canyon open for responsible public access. Letting the irresponsible actions of a few dictate the fate of access to thousands or more other citizens is illogical policy. Removing public access only hurts the responsible public and does nothing to punish those who are responsible for vandalism or other problems that may have occurred.

I am writing in representation of Utah's largest off-road forum with over 12,000 registered members. We ask of you to consider those who access and travel the canyon with respect for the trail(s) and surrounding nature of the area while you make your upcoming decisions.

Thank you for your time, it is most appreciated.

Regards,

Hope it helps.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Email sent but it was received and not read by Steven Frishnecht. Spelling and punctuation were correct.

Maybe I should have sent an individual email to each person instead of one addressed to all three?

sixstringsteve

Here's my response from Spencer Cox:

Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on this issue. I too believe in the importance of keeping access wherever and whenever possible. Your timely email definitely helps in this debate.

Best regards,

Spencer​

Thank James for keeping us updated on this issue.

Last edited: