Saw this on the STREET!!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I was on my way to my house tonight, when I was passed by this... on the street!! :cool:

OnRoad.jpg

Well, I had to get a closer look so I followed him... :D ... till he stopped. Turns out it was Trent from Holeshot Offroad, the new Prerunner/Desert Racing shop in Trent was very friendly and we BS'd for over an hour about desert racing, his shop, the prerunner scene in Utah & rockcrawling.

It's a Ford Ranger with alot of killer parts! It may look pretty, but it's very well built & gets used... HARD!!! From what I saw, the front suspension consists of custom I-Beams and Radius Arms, a set of Coilovers & a handful of Rod Ends, to make sure all the possible suspension travel gets used. The rear suspension was a 4 Link with some super beefy lower control arms and another set of Coilovers. The rear axle is a heavilly gusseted Ford 9". The front fiberglass is a clip from an Explorer, with 'glass bedsides in the rear. It had a full roll cage inside, with Mastercraft seats & 4 Point's! Tires are 35" BFG Muds.

I knew I'd better get a bunch of pics or you all would beat me, so they are on the way. ;)

Caleb

very cool :cool: wish I knew the slightest thing about Desert Racing...some serious fab skill in that industry...

Parker

I too have seen this rig up close... it is SWEET. Very well built. I want one so bad! It just needs a Chev motor in it. -_-

Owners are very cool and I hope to see their shop do well.

chans

I see that truck a lot. I think the shop is by my house. There also is a white one that looks just like it but I don't know if it is one they built.

IBC

ROOTBEER ANALYST
I love the single front turn signal concept...really cuts down on weight!!! ;)

that really is a sweet looking vehicle! I know of a couple places in Orem where you could launch through an intersection...probably scare the crap out of all the people waiting at the red. :rofl:

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
I seriously want to build something like that. As an ex-motocrosser high speed, fast turns, and hangtime are second to none.

:cool:

Anybody know if there are any BBs about that kind of stuff that are worth checking out?

:)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
:eek:
that thing is bad!!! i would like a different color though.
did you tell him to sign up on here and talk tech with us?
a prerunner forum on here would be pretty sweeeeeet imo.

hook it up greg!

p.s. when on a motorcycle ride last night i saw a rock buggy/jeep coming out of herriman on 126 s by bangerter that was pretty sick. i need to carry my camera around like you for all the kodak moments

Greg

Admin
ROCKRUNNER said:
why does it look like it is dog walking??????????

The front I-Beams are quite a bit longer than stock & the rear axle is narrower. I'd probably guess that there's 4-6" diffrence in track width between the front & rear.

Plus, the picture was taken from the drivers side of my truck, giving you an off center view.

Greg

Admin
xj_punk said:
:eek:
...did you tell him to sign up on here and talk tech with us?
a prerunner forum on here would be pretty sweeeeeet imo.

hook it up greg!

He is registered on here... ;) I've been toying with the idea of a prerunner forum, but I'm not sure it would fit in.