Scool me on a old stock D60 with a 5 bolt hub

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Wow, some good info going on in here :) I read some where that SF rear is hard to conver to a disk brake setup. Is this true?

Do I realy need the extra insurance of a FF if my CJ will be running a 37-39" tire with a auto and a 4.0L 6? It sounds like a nice 35 spline D60 would be suficient with out the weight of a 14 bolt.

gtidrivr

Jay5.9L said:
Wow, some good info going on in here :) I read some where that SF rear is hard to conver to a disk brake setup. Is this true?

Do I realy need the extra insurance of a FF if my CJ will be running a 37-39" tire with a auto and a 4.0L 6? It sounds like a nice 35 spline D60 would be suficient with out the weight of a 14 bolt.

That is what YOU have to answer. Generally speaking If you have no $$$ a 14bolt is a better option. If $$$ is not as much of a problem, then weigh out your options.

Remember... Junkyard= less expensive and generally readily available in ANY town.

Custon= more $$$ and if you dont have spares with you, it is ALLOT harder to come by someething that will work.

I dont mean any harm by this, but if you keep asking the same question over and over, you will keep getting the same OPINION'S. Do you know of the Pirate 4X4 forum? If you go to the first page, there is a section that has about 500 pages of infor on a D60 and on the 14 bolt. LOTS of good info. You should be able to come to a conclusion with it. I hope it helps.

If you cant find it we can link it for you.

y-jake

Jay5.9L said:

that is what the 60 i am selling was for.
i have a yj that i am putting 39.5" iroks on. i had it built 5 on 5.5 but found out my front 60 is freakishly expensive to convert being that it is a bj, so i have to get a 8 lug rear.

neagtea

Supporting Member
ford axle

Ford and corn binder used SF dana 60's in the 1960's and 70's The ford camper special 1/2 ton was rare they also used the 19 spline in the early 1960's if it is the ford it will be 61" wms to wms. Corn binders were wider I am not sure of the width mostly in travel all's and trucks. Also ford off set the diff a little to the right in the vans so they are not centered.