Screw customer service, here's a real PITA

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
So my girlfriend has a creditor after her because they think she is her sister. It's really getting irritating. They called her work last night looking for her, and called back twice today. They refuse to believe that she is the manager(looking for someone to verify employment), and have come to a conclusion on their own that she goes by Jacey instead of Jacki(her sister). We have explained to them that they are two seperate people. But, they keep threatening to take Jacey's(my girlfriend) car. Jacey has told them, from me, that it is not their place to take or touch the car for any reason. As i understand it, they've already broken the law by calling her place of business 3 times having been told to not call back. Not too mention Grand Theft Auto if they come after the Audi.

Jacey is the only name connected to her car(title & loan), so why is her sister's creditor after Jacey? We took it to America First Credit Union(where the car loan is from) and had them dig into it. They found that the info was not entered wrong on their end, but before it even got to them. The people that run the credit information had somehow fused the two sister's info together. Which is really cool, since Jacki(sister) has some serious debts and pissed off people after her.

Basically their credit info is one in the same for the two of them... so Jacey's car looks like Jacki's cause it looks like Jacki's been making payments on it since October.

This creditor is really pissing me off. I guess it's over money for a Cadilac previously owned by the sister Jacki.

Thought? Ideas? comments?

There's gotta be a way to shake these people from Jacey.

-Jason

Last edited:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Document all contacts, and lawyer up. You are going to have some fun proving that there are two people and not one...Good luck.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Document all contacts, and lawyer up. You are going to have some fun proving that there are two people and not one...Good luck.

Jacey noted the time of each call, lawyer is being arranged. My bro in law haas lots of experience with banks and this type of thing(he was a VP for Wells Fargo). He stated that it might be a bit of a process, but that it's very doable to correct the info, and get Jacey's credit straightened out after all this.

So, i see the light at the end of the tunnel... But i really want to punch someone in the jugular..

-Jason

Meat_

Banned
...He stated that it might be a bit of a process, but that it's very doable to correct the info, and get Jacey's credit straightened out after all this
It's doable, but my TJ will be running before they get everything straightened out on their books. Most defiantly get the lawyer.

Bart

Yep, I'm afraid the process is right in line with trying to straighten out identity theft. Good luck.

Maddeh

Don't they have two different SS#'s? Generally you can contact the credit bureaus to get things straightened out and separated. It would probably take awhile but this is the first thing I'd do.

91MJ97TJ

IGNORE ME!!!!!
I would file disputes

with the Credit Agencies with Experian, Equafax and Transunion. Then I would get some sort of notarized document stating your girlfriends identity. You need to get America First to correct the problem. I am wondering how they got your g/f social and stuff unless the sister used that social. Which is what it looks like to me. That somehow this is identity theft. It happens but you may to need to figure out what is on your g/f's credit report.

I would go to www.annualcreditreport.com pull from all the major bureaus and then sift and delete the crap that isn't supposed to be on there. It is really easy. I would also put a Fraud warning on your g/fs social.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Now worries. Cars are repo'd by the VIN, not what they look like. Even if every other detail matches, if the VIN doesn't we can't hook it. Just ignore their phone calls, there's nothing they can do. If they come for the car, a quick VIN check will tell the driver you're off the hook.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My brother had some of my stuff popping up on his credit reports. I know he got it sorted out but I don't remember how. I suppose I can ask him.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Now worries. Cars are repo'd by the VIN, not what they look like. Even if every other detail matches, if the VIN doesn't we can't hook it. Just ignore their phone calls, there's nothing they can do. If they come for the car, a quick VIN check will tell the driver you're off the hook.

It's funny, cause they know it's an '02 Audi. They have record of Jacki(sister) paying monthly on it(which is really Jacey paying on it).

But i've reassured Jacey that her car is going nowhere since it's owned by the bank, and not this creditor. The bank would never allow them to take the car anyways, as there's absolutely nothing in it for the bank.

-Jason

redrockcrawler

earth rover 2012

this is right we can't take the car if the vin doen't match as for the credit company you should call them and get to the legal department it will take some work on your part but you can get it straight the legal department is the only one that could help you the people calling you are just collectors and have no power to change info thier job is just to call and try to collect a on a account the dont know if thier information is wrong

good luck

Paul R

But if the audi was purchased and financed through America First they would have the lien on the title right the other creditor could not have a lien on it thus reposessing the car wouldn't do very much especially because it was just purchased in Oct... Am I correct in this assumption? Only America First as the lien holder on the car would have legal access to repo it?

Which SSN# was used to purchase the Cadillac? Jacey's or Jacki's?

That sucks this is still becomming a huge issue. I would think that when America First originally ran Jayce's credit to buy the car they would have caught these issues...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
But if the audi was purchased and financed through America First they would have the lien on the title right the other creditor could not have a lien on it thus reposessing the car wouldn't do very much especially because it was just purchased in Oct... Am I correct in this assumption? Only America First as the lien holder on the car would have legal access to repo it?

Which SSN# was used to purchase the Cadillac? Jacey's or Jacki's?

That sucks this is still becomming a huge issue. I would think that when America First originally ran Jayce's credit to buy the car they would have caught these issues...

Jackie's SSN# was used for the Cadillac in like '04. Jacey's SSN# was used for the Audi this last Oct.

POST EDITED: see next few posts for more correct info...
-Jason

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
...when someone runs the credit it looks normal...

Something tells me they haven't merged at all then, it's just the collections company trying to turn it over fast and make some money. Some are honest but most are scum, they will tell you ANYTHING they can to get their money. Get a lawyer and nail them, it is against the law to call you after you tell them not to... especially if they are calling the wrong person. Be warned though, the collection agencies have the power to destroy your credit at the push of a button without any proof needed. Once they do that you have to prove they were wrong, and after that is done it can take years for it to be removed from your credit.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Ok, so it's their Credit score that's merged together.. I just got that fact straightened out. The bank is currently working on that portion of things.

-Jason