Serious wind in Moab

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Did anyone brave the wind and head on the trails yesterday? I have never seen so much agressive wind in Moab before. It was sad since we couldn't be outside but it was so warm as well. Weird day for sure.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I was out in it yesterday until about 2. I did half of Seven Mile Rim, blew a tire and decided to head for home when I got close to the road instead of push my luck. Heading home I was following a U-Haul truck that looked like he was driving sideways down the road. :eek: I thought he was going to put it on the side with a few gusts.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Yesterday I made the trip back to Clearfield in that wind. I got beat to death in the TJ all the way to Price then I froze my butt off from Price all the way to I-15.

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
We were in the wind all day out at BFE. It died down a little bit once we were down in the wash, but when we came back up to the parking area the dust and dirt blowing in the wind was annoying.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We opted for a short weekend and headed home before the big winds hit. We took shelter at home and pretty much hid indoors all day yesterday... pretty sure 1/2 of Moab ended up in Colorado, it was nasty here all day.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I was coming off of Lake Powell with 6-7 foot swells and fully loaded with all the camping gear.... whoa, scary stuff.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
It was windy like mad in the maze starting at 1:30 AM Thursday. My ARB awning withstood the onslaught without being staked down... gangster.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The wind was bad down in Boulder where we were staying. Luckily we were in the family cabin and not in tents. Saturday we were hiking in Capital Reef and we got sand blasted.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
We left monticello and drove into moab to get out of the high winds:) There was just a slight breeze in moab. It was kinda nice.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
The wind was SOOOO bad at our RV park that all we could do was sit inside the trailers. It was really frustraing not being able to be outside but it was so nice out at the same time, temp wise.
I am glad to see most of you made it on the trail! :D

1995zj

I'm addicted
We headed out and ran Green Day and Helldorado on Sunday. Some crazy winds for sure! Good day though, walked right up Suicide Hill!

sixstringsteve

I must be crazy, but I kinda dig the wild weather whenever I go to moab. I love the lightning storms, the wind, the dust, all of it. Then again, I slept in the back of my truck, so I didn't have a tent whacking me in the side of the head like my other camp-mates did :D

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
sunday was crazy windy but we still did gemini bridges cause my parents wanted to do a wimpy trail and the wind wasn't bad up there. i also did a moab rim night run and it didn't seem windy at all. i was soooo glad to be staying in a rental house though, camping would have sucked!

monday ended up being beautiful, it was 60 degrees in arches at noon :cool: