Shop up near Ogden or Brigham for lift kit install…

NYCEGUY01

Anyone use an auburn limited slip diff before. I dont want a full locker but if its apart for gears it seems like a good time for a diff upgrade. Lol

Im looking at the newer Grip-N-Loc models

Last edited:

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I'm a fan of the Truetrac limited slip personally. I've used them on many of my own vehicles as well as friend's rigs over the years. No clutches or any special friction modifiers to have to deal with and they work great.

NYCEGUY01

Truetrac ordered, And because I cant make up my damn mind I Decided to go with 4.10's afterall and 4" springs.
The 4.10's are on the way here and will pass the 4.56's on the way back...lol
I had to re-order the rear gears anyway as they only make the true trac in a 4 series carrier and I had thick gears for the 3 series stock carrier.

The 6" Springs I have now are super stiff by looking at the spring rates and I wanted softer riding ones.
The Superlift 6" are around 600lbs/in vs the Tuff Country Softride 4" at around 300lbs./in. These should ride much better.
I went to cars and coffee Sunday and looked over a couple trucks with 6" springs and they just looked way too damn tall on top of 35's for my liking...

My wheels showed up today and they are exactly what I wanted. Old school deep slots. They are gonna look awesome... Ill get the tires all mounted one day after work while I wait for the other 200 boxes to arrive.

NYCEGUY01

In Roy, Every 2nd Sunday of the month at 11AM.
During the colder months there may only be 30 cars and trucks. Someone always just finished a hotrod or car and wants to show it off though. Lol

During the summer there will be 200 at least. Ive see the entire lot completly full some months with way more.
Scooters coffee, Same parking lot as Harmons grocery store. Corner of 1900w and Riverdale rd.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
In Roy, Every 2nd Sunday of the month at 11AM.
During the colder months there may only be 30 cars and trucks. Someone always just finished a hotrod or car and wants to show it off though. Lol

During the summer there will be 200 at least. Ive see the entire lot completly full some months with way more.
Scooters coffee, Same parking lot as Harmons grocery store. Corner of 1900w and Riverdale rd.

OK, that makes sense now. I've seen a few cars in the northern part of Harmon's parking lot from time to time when the wife and I have headed over to her dad's for coffee on Sunday mornings over the past summer. I wondered what was going on. It seemed like a lot of rice rockets with fart cans. Is there more interesting builds than those?

NYCEGUY01

A bit of everything depending in the month. Ive seen 30's hot rids, late model muscle, imports, classics, all years trucks, low riders, even old gassers roll in.
Ive been surprised for sure with what has rolled in some months.

NYCEGUY01

Getting closer.....
Truetrac is here, All the springs and what not are here.
Gears, install kits, bearings, fluids..
Got the tires mounted on the wheels earlier. They look perfect...lol
I think IM just waiting on the last of the parts from ORD now. Shocks, shackles and brake lines.. They are appparently behind at the moment...

usmags.jpg

NYCEGUY01

Those will look sharp and period correct for the truck.

I think I should be caught up nearing the end of the week so you can get ahold of me anytime to discuss when you would like to drop it off.

Thanks

Mike
At the moment ORD can’t tell me what’s in stock or not and if anything has been shipped or not. I’ll try to figure out whats up tomorrow with the rest of my parts. I’m 13 days since ordered and my order hasn’t shipped as best as I can tell. I know I can get brake lines and shocks quickly elsewhere, I just wanted their shackles while it was apart and their sway bar links as well but if they can’t get the parts coming I’ll have to cancel and move on. I think I have everything else at this point.

NYCEGUY01

Im gonna be in this damn truck 50k by the time Im done,,,LOL
It started as a bit of an impulse buy because I liked the color, and it was a stepside, and I wanted one in High school....
Just toss on a lift and tires, nothing else I said...

Then, I started ordering gears and a truetrac, and well. Stuff.....

Then a bunch of weather seals and interior parts found their way into UPS trucks heading this way as well...

I found a decent T350 trans and NP205 combo the day before yesterday I thought Id throw in this spring to replace the SM465. Maybe not but I have most of the other stuff already so "just in case"..lol ( I havent even picked it up yet, made plans for tomorrow or Sat to go grab it.)

Now, just this morning I made a deal on a 5.3ls with a cam, springs, and what not all setup and running with a carb out of a hotrod project. Ugh.

LOL, Im literally dropping this one off to have someone else put on the lift because my garage is filled up with my 85 2wd LS swap project thats on jack stands because Im not done with it yet and Im half way into the next one..
I may have a problem fellas.....

Looks like this spring is gonna be engine swap time again...

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
That LS 5.3 and TH350 sound like an awesome combination for a truck of that size. A 4L60 (700R4) would even be a better selection if you could find one of those. Having that lower first gear and having 31% overdrive are game changers for a daily driver/weekend wheeler. I have build many TH350's as well as 4L60's(700R4's) if you need assistance is building either of those up as well. Plus any custom fabrication of parts when doing the swap I can assist with as well.

Sounds like this is going to be a cool truck when done. 👍

Mike

NYCEGUY01

For now Ill just run the small block and 4 speed combo thats in it.
The most important part of this build is clearly the wheels...lol

After going back and fourth a hundred times I stayed with the original idea of 4.56's.
I just dont see driving this much on the freeway and Id rather have the peppyness of the lower gears.
Especially if it gets the TH350 it will need the lower axle gear to go with the trans 1st gear.
It will still cruise at 65-70 when needed and if the small block dies, then it dies...lol

Ill grab the 350/205 combo today and haul that home to be installed once it warms up.
I got a great deal on the motor as he wanted a quick easy sale without listing it everywhere so I was buying it no matter what..lol

Its getting dropped off this afternoon for the gears and springs so more to come...