GMC / Chevy show me your front axles

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
There's there so I might eve looked at the wrond diagram

Dude.. seriously. I'm not trying to be a dick, but damn. This site is full of knowledgeable people with parts and/or parts sources, who are generally helpful, but if you can't do the tiniest bit of legwork on something like looking at what axle is under your truck, I don't know... I think your experience here will not be as fulfilling as it might otherwise be.

For the love of bacon, GM truck specs and pics are all over the web.

anyway. Get a bigger hammer, eat your wheaties and beat the ever-loving hell out of the arm, and/or heat it up. If I can get them off rusty-ass NY state trucks rusted so bad the spring perches fell off, you can damn well yours off. Man up! You live in Duchesne!!

that is all. ;)

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Wait, give the kid a break.......

What exactly have you tried? Oxy/acetlyne torch or propane? If you've just been using a bit of propane, you're wasting your time. Get that sucka red hot, then beat the snot out of it.

I'd offer to take it off for you, if you bring me the knuckle. But, if the arm is kicking your a$$, the ball joints are going to make you wish you were dead.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I don't need to come up there and DO IT. I've taken plenty of those arms off. Yes, they can be a real b*tch but they come off. Especially when you take the advice given.

is the knuckle on the axle? or just on the floor? or under the burb? have you tried putting some pressure on it ? i.e prybar on the axle housing and the steering arm heat it up good pry up on it and be waylon jennings on it . if im covering already addressed stuff sorry . if you can get some good identifacation i can contact my buddy that lives in the basin and i know he has a grundle of chebby parts let me know hope i'm helping not feding the fire :)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
If you have all three nuts off there isn't really a need for pics. We've all been in this situation many times and know exactly what you are going through ;)

PB Blaster or Knocker Loose, a torch, a couple F-bombs and a big mallet is a guaranteed way of getting that out of there. On a side note I replace studs anytime they see any excessive heat because they loose their strength.

Good luck!!!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I've popped a few off, and none have been pleasant, but they've all eventually succumbed. :)

Soak those suckers with PB blaster or better yet Kroil.

Beat the ever living he!! out of the steering arm with about a 4 lb hammer or so until you're sore. I've never had luck with a small hammer, a dead blow, or anything of the sort. Only sheer brute force has worked for me.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the GM10 bolt and D44 use the same studs / washers / nuts. If you can't find them locally, call parts mike.
http://www.partsmike.com/store/store.php?crn=219&rn=1444&action=show_detail

Personally, I'd get the parts coming, and in the mean time step up to a bigger hammer. :eek: