Sidekick

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
Sarge i sell those motors at checker i think a full crate was around $1500, or if you want any other motor. this way ur not just going on a gut feeling that the motor will work :ugh:

tfritz

You could... :greg: ...bolt a VW diesel engine to a Toyota 5 speed transmission & T-Case. There's a couple of companys that build the adapter. Let me know if you need a link.

If you could make it work with a TDI you'd have tons of power. They have elec. controlled injection pumps & are a nightmare to swap. The best option would be to use a mech. injection pump on a TDI engine. Run a set of Toyota axles under the Sidekick & you'd have a well-balanced drivetrain. ;)

Sorry to hi-jack the tread. If you swap in a mech. injection pump wouldn't you also need to swap the injectors? I ask because I have a 2.8l CRD out of a Liberty that I wold like to do a mech injection swap to. It is a R&D engine and is setup for a manual tranny and will bolt to an ax-15 or NV3550. I have the BH, clutch and flywheel. It would be fun to put this thing in a YJ.

mwmx54

there is a difference between 95 and 96, nothing major, i did the swap. the 96 has crank and cam sensors and the 95 only has one of the two sensors. i did the swap. i put the 95 into a 96. wasnt to bad.