Sixstring's Miata Discussion/Build Thread

sixstringsteve

I put my summer tires on yesterday, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I remembered the car driving better with them, but I had forgotten how much fun it was with these wheels and tires. It's seriously twice as fun to drive now. Turn-in is awesome, and the car flat out works.

I'm ready to take anyone on a ride that wants one.

jentzschman

I put my summer tires on yesterday, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I remembered the car driving better with them, but I had forgotten how much fun it was with these wheels and tires. It's seriously twice as fun to drive now. Turn-in is awesome, and the car flat out works.

I'm ready to take anyone on a ride that wants one.

I would still be up for a ride sometime. Next few days are not great, but after Wednesday it looks better.

sixstringsteve

I'm researching roll bars and hoping to get one soon. Then I think I'm done modding this thing for a while. I'd like to get the paint touched up, and I'd like to debadge it, but apart from that I'm learning to keep my rigs pretty close to stock. I will say though, the wheels, tires, and coilovers have been worth every penny, they completely transformed this car.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I can't believe it's been a year already. I absolutely love this car; I couldn't be happier. I eventually want to get exterior painted to fix the peeling clear coat, and I'd like a roll bar for track days, but other than that I don't have many plans. It's a blast to drive, and I drive it every day.

sixstringsteve

Not a huge update but I made the switch to synthetic motor oil today since the car spends most of its life between 4k and the rev limiter. I just went straight from conventional to Mobile 1, so I anticipate a few leaks at first.

sixstringsteve

I'm absolutely loving this car. The tires are wearing well and it has so much grip it's silly. The xida coilovers were the greatest thing I could have done to this car.

Part of me dreams of a turbo one day, but I think I'll be happier (and safer) if I leave it stock under the hood.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Go ask for a ride in one of their v8 Miatas, it'll blow your mind.

I've been around plenty of fast V8 cars, so a V8 Miata while quick, wouldn't be as surprising as a turbo on a factory 4 cyl. I've been around some QUICK turbo 4 cyl cars too, the thing about this Miata was that it was right on the edge of maintaining traction and control while staying planted. Hard to put into words, but from where I was sitting it felt like you could push the car as hard as you liked, while still being in total control. Impressive, to me.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So....
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4690304797.html

00404_1n8rrb2AJyO_600x450.jpg