SLC: The next great vegan city

roverrocks

I'm a meat eater. I'm in love with eating meat along with good helpings of vegies and fruit. I'm gonna stay a meat eater until the day I die be it beef, pork, chicken, or wild game. Bring on the sizzle. Being a vegen would be akin to giving up sex though at my age it's giving up on me. My mouth is salivating right now at the prospect of some kind of meat tonight at dinner. People becoming vegens just means there is more meat for me. Sizzle! sizzle! sizzle!!

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
When they deemed SLC as the gayest city in America a while back I figured all the vegan places had something to do with it ;)

I'm joking of course, I have had quite a few vegan friends- the friendly, accepting of meat-eaters type and the "I hate everyone that eats meat" type. Interesting folk to say the least...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's my understanding that some of the "hardcore" vegans eat a lot of french fries to keep up proper protein or something from the fry oil. This was confirmed by a vegan in our office. How weird...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i just hope the zombie outbreak starts with infected tofu. it will be much easier to get away from a zombie in skinny jeans with an emo haircut that is always in it's eyes.

Goody

Just got off a keto diet... greatest diet ever for a meat eater!

I'm not against vegans... but that's just way too much work.

roverrocks

Anybody that dreams of salads and tofu rather than chicken fried steaks and prime rib is seriously unhinged! That's like dreaming of Twiggy rather than Marilyn Monroe. It just ain't right!

CJ Matt

I changed the what I was eating about 18 months ago and will never go back. I stay away from all fried food, eat alot of fruits and vegies, drink no soda, and eat lean cuts of meat and seafood. I could never go Vegan, that is just too much.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Vegan's are a funny sort, especially the hardline ones.

Honestly, a strict vegan would also have to be against alcohol (since most beers and many wines/spirits are fined with isinglass or chitosan)...and anyone who purposefully eliminates 2 of the holy trinity of B's from their lives, must be completely miserable. People who are miserable are capable of all sorts of awful things. It's just best to keep your distance.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I am not a vegan but I am against alcohol.... and I am among that happiest people I know.... and I have more walking around $ without the bar tabs

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I changed the what I was eating about 18 months ago and will never go back. I stay away from all fried food, eat alot of fruits and vegies, drink no soda, and eat lean cuts of meat and seafood. I could never go Vegan, that is just too much.

Just cutting out any kind of soda makes a HUGE difference in health and weight loss. It's pretty amazing.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm reading this thread as I chew on peppered beef jerky while preparing beef strips for fajitas tonight.