Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Toad

I am co President to Sleep in Heavenly Peace in Logan. Sleep in Heavenly Peace started in Twin Falls Idaho in 2012. We build beds for kids that don’t have a bed. Everything is done through donations. We have build days where we get volunteers to come help build the actual frames. Very simple 2x6 construction. We just finished our first build. 40 beds. We are just starting to get the word out about SHP here in Cache Valley. We already have requests for 22 beds. So we needs donations. Malouf sells us mattresses for just under 50 bucks. We needs donations to purchase mattresses and also to purchase lumber for future builds. Donations can be made at SHPbeds.org. Make sure that you follow the links and specify the Logan chapter. Also if you are interested in volunteering we would love that. I know Layton has a chapter. I think Utah County has one also. Donations are tax deductible. Thank you so much. Please if you have questions ask.

rholbrook

Sleep in Heavenly Peace is an absolutely amazing organization. I have personally delivered and setup beds as well as spear headed a bedding collection. I am related to Rainy and use to be related to Jay. :thinking: Its crazy to see where some kids have to sleep and what they cover themselves with.

Houndoc

I am co President to Sleep in Heavenly Peace in Logan. Sleep in Heavenly Peace started in Twin Falls Idaho in 2012. We build beds for kids that don’t have a bed. Everything is done through donations. We have build days where we get volunteers to come help build the actual frames. Very simple 2x6 construction. We just finished our first build. 40 beds. We are just starting to get the word out about SHP here in Cache Valley. We already have requests for 22 beds. So we needs donations. Malouf sells us mattresses for just under 50 bucks. We needs donations to purchase mattresses and also to purchase lumber for future builds. Donations can be made at SHPbeds.org. Make sure that you follow the links and specify the Logan chapter. Also if you are interested in volunteering we would love that. I know Layton has a chapter. I think Utah County has one also. Donations are tax deductible. Thank you so much. Please if you have questions ask.
Very cool.

Have you reached out to the local Rotary in Logan? Can be great source of both labor and donations.
If you think it would help, I would be happy to have you speak (Zoom) to our Midvalley Rotary Club here in the SL valley. PM me.

Toad

Here’s a link https://www.shpbeds.org/
That’s for the home page.

That should take you to the Logan Chapter donation page.

I know that LeAnn has received some donations from some of the rotary clubs in the area. Honestly I have just been tossed into this. Little back ground on how I came to be part of this. LeAnn(she is the president) her husband passed away in a wild land fire 16 years ago. Couple weeks later she gave birth to a little boy. She received a lot of help from wild land fire fighter organizations. This is her paying it back/forward. I got to know her through a mutual friend. I own a auto shop so I turned into her guy to fix her car. I’m pretty much who she calls for most fix it type jobs. She came to me cause I have trucks, trailers, and know tools. So that’s the cliff notes version of how this fell into place.

Houndoc

Pass word along to LeAnn and have her contact me if she needs more help via Rotary. I know there are some new grants available for Rotary Clubs to partner with local organizations this year.