Slipping lock right

teamwestoutdoor

All Locked up
If it helps, I'd bet you could post pics here of the locker before dis assembly (closeups of the teeth) and we could determine whether it is usable or not before you even tear the springs out...

Well after the weather warmed up today, I got out the creeper and tore into my front Locker. Checked the spacing before I took it apart and it was only just within the tolerance.The driver side, that has been the weak side, teeth did show some minor wear, a lot less then I thought they would. So, along with adding new pins and springs I added an old thrush washer from my spider gears to the driver's side to get it back into tolerance. then I swapped the couplers around so they are on the other side. Here are some photos of the couples.

The Weak side
699936982_photobucket_19779_.jpg

The Non-slipping side
699936982_photobucket_19780_.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm guessing the reversed couplers, along with the new pins/springs and tighter tolerances, should keep you much happier for quite a while. :cool:

ddpaxman

Making DRW D06 & D70 work
Wayne,

What is the warranty difference in the Lock-Right and the Spartan locker? Also do you have a Ut County location to pick one of these up?

thx

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Wayne,

What is the warranty difference in the Lock-Right and the Spartan locker? Also do you have a Ut County location to pick one of these up?

thx

Way better.. Warranty is done through Randy's and is quick and painless. Wish I could say the same about Lockright or getting spare parts for out of warranty units :(

Get ahold of Pelygroso on here. He's in Lehi and should be able to take care of you :cool:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Spartan Vs Lockrite...

Ive always been happy with lockrites, other than the occasional pin replacement they are a real bargain. that said Spartans are superior,

Wayne mentioned that the pins are larger, but he left out that the drive gear sections that contains the pins is beefier, they are not machined out for spring installation, they have a pin hole instead of a 1/4 hole for instalation wire making it tons stronger, lockrites can break there if a shaft is broken then shocks the drive gear. the Spartans are the same price as lockrites, but come with a hardened cross shaft, which cost an additonal $20 otherwise.

Id you so switch to Spartan, know that you do not install it with thrustwashers, that threw me off on my first installation, the side gears have extra meat, and machine surface, and I didnt see note of it anywhere in the directions, had to research it for myself.

Last edited:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
How would new springs fix a slipping lockrite?
Torque applied to the carrier (crosspin) against the 2 inner locker pieces is what engages the locker. If the locker is slipping isn't it already toast? the springs just sort of set the engagement point with a small preload.