Snakes 11.11.10

sixstringsteve

I had a blast. Nice to meet you Goose and Rich.

Sorry to those in ATR, I left the gas station at 3 to get a head start, because my rig takes so long to get out there. Plus, there were people meeting us at the trailhead at 3:30 and I didn't want to miss them. Sorry we weren't all one big group.

It was a freezing cold day, and there was a big mud/slop puddle right at Wayne's World, so nobody made it up. Here's a vid of the trip. Goose's son (11) did a great job driving!

[YOUTUBE-HD]Y9dH8TsZUDQ[/YOUTUBE-HD]

Last edited:

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
It was a cold one. I ended up doin my normal lines in 3 wheel drive. Only to lose a cap on a u-joint on my front drive line. Hear a clank clank driving out of the first mind dump. Boo. :p Great to finally meet Goose. :D And seeing people I havn't seen for awhile.

sixstringsteve

Good fun, but man I cant wait to get my truck build going!!!! Truck needs its love!!!

Hey, you just hit 1000 posts! And your truck looked great. Sorry I didn't chat with ya, i was pretty obsessed about getting to WW before dark. If I had known it would have been impossible, I would have chatted more and taken my time earlier.

ricsrx

Thanks for posting the vid, it was a good time, Im glad i made it. I ended up putting a Jeep with a smoked clutch on the back of my trailer. I think he needed lower Tcase gears so he didn't have to ride the clutch so much..

864runner

I know I'm your hero
I'm glad I was able to make it. Me and the wife had a great time. Nice to meet some new people, and catch up with others. I wish we could have went all the way up to eagles nest, but we had to go pick up our daughter. Anybody try eagles nest?

BTW Steve, your date is wrong in the title of this thread.

Cherokeester

Well Steve, I was coming down sunshine canyon when you were on rattlesnake so I just missed you. I really wanted to see you and your truck! That was my white powerstroke down in the parking lot.

Coco

Goose gave it hell on eagles nest, but he didn't make it.

Ya steve I wanted to chat with you, and meet you in person for the first time, and look over that sick truck, but oh well. Hopefully next time.

WOOT! 1001 posts :D

sixstringsteve

Well Steve, I was coming down sunshine canyon when you were on rattlesnake so I just missed you. I really wanted to see you and your truck! That was my white powerstroke down in the parking lot.

Man, I barely missed you. I saw it there and thought "that'd be a great tow rig"

D-Rat

Just a few pics I promised to post up. Good run nice to meet some of you.

Attachments

• DSCF0839.jpg
    DSCF0839.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0840.jpg
    DSCF0840.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0841.jpg
    DSCF0841.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF0842.jpg
    DSCF0842.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0843.jpg
    DSCF0843.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0846.jpg
    DSCF0846.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0844.jpg
    DSCF0844.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0845.jpg
    DSCF0845.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 26

mike20

A.T.R Offroad
its all good i didn't get to the trail head till about 440 and me and my friend ran up sun shine and ended up waiting for about 20min, but other then that it turned out being a good run for some.... camel lost a u-joint leading to loosing the back half of the drive shaft, and a grand that was with us broke a chromo shaft and broke all the grade 8 bolts on the steering box up above WW so that was the end of the trip for us

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
another fun-ride on the snakes! It was cool to hook up with you guys!
It was great to meet everyone there, Its fun to put a name with a face!
as we went up the trail I thought that steve might get his wish (w/w). The trail was fairly dry, except for the big mud hole in front of W/W! sorry man! I really wanted to see you climb it! I was hoping the nest might be dry, it was muddy as well. But that didnt stop me from having some fun on it! we turned around at the nest, there were at least 3 rigs right above the nest. a runner that sheered his rear d-line & open in front. So we flipped around & drove back down through the trail. I had a blast! I told rich, we should hit it again when it snows.
(here's a clip of my son, in the boulders) Ill post up some pics later

[YOUTUBE]sNfIBBmTiqA[/YOUTUBE]

BigDsYJ

I had a really good time on this trip! It was great to meet all of you. It was our first time wheeling with RME, and we had a blast! Hope to do it more in the future! Attached are a couple of pics my wife took.

Attachments

• 100_0522.jpg
    100_0522.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 28
  • RME POST 1.jpg
    RME POST 1.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 20
  • RME POST 2.jpg
    RME POST 2.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: