Snakes on saturday! (Labor day weekend)

monobeam94

Guess I won't be making it out there after all. I just tore apart my front axle and the steering knuckle bearing is broken in half. Does anyone have a spare bearing kicking around for a toyota axle?

zukking01

I have the steering from a 85 toyota mini truck that is from the pitmal arm (link broken?) to the arms that have the kingpins in them and are at each end of the knuckels. Is the piece you are looking for in there?

monobeam94

zukking01 said:
I have the steering from a 85 toyota mini truck that is from the pitmal arm (link broken?) to the arms that have the kingpins in them and are at each end of the knuckels. Is the piece you are looking for in there?

I need the bearing that is sitting on the axle housing that the steering arm locates in. There is a bearing on the top and one on the bottom. I just need one bearing so I can go with you guys tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. If anyone has one give me a call 801-706-0199 Thanks
Mike

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I'll be out tomorrow but not early. maybe around noon if anyone is comming out later.

We are hanging out in the brush, out of Lehi to Tooele county line then right, should be able to see big Dodge out there somewhere.

I'll be running constrictor, snakes, waynes world and anything else I can climb.

Just look for the big white Dodge and a big Red Cherokee on a trailer behind it.

Yes the Dodge does the trails draging the jeep.. jk
dan

zukking01

I broke the bearing you are talking about. Mine was the pass top one. Dealer was the only one who had one. it only costed 35 bucks but I could have gotten a whole knuckel rebuild for 75 online. But that bearing was there and I needed it now. No regrets. Wheeling is well worth the 35 for a bearing.

Meat_

Banned
So who was in the red/orange something or other with two black toyotas? That drove up the side hill by WW.... :mad2:

Meat_

Banned
monobeam94 said:
It wasn't me.

No, the two black yotas didn't have beds, and they drove around on the road. The one that went up the side hill was a chopped something either orange or a faded red with stupid low gears and a four banger. I couldn't see it very well because I was on the road above.

zukgod1 should have seen them, he was sitting with his hood up at the base of WW.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Meat_ said:
No, the two black yotas didn't have beds, and they drove around on the road. The one that went up the side hill was a chopped something either orange or a faded red with stupid low gears and a four banger. I couldn't see it very well because I was on the road above.

zukgod1 should have seen them, he was sitting with his hood up at the base of WW.

Crap, I didnt see anyone, where is this? Waynes world?

When I got to WW I didnt see anyone there at all, there was a couple jeeps beind me after I went up then I caught up with monobeam94 on constrictor and thats the only Toyota saw the entire day. Wait, there was a red cabed older no bed toyota in the front of the mess on constrictor but I dont think it was him.

I guess I dont know.

dan

Meat_

Banned
zukgod1 said:
Crap, I didnt see anyone, where is this? Waynes world?

When I got to WW I didnt see anyone there at all, there was a couple jeeps beind me after I went up then I caught up with monobeam94 on constrictor and thats the only Toyota saw the entire day. Wait, there was a red cabed older no bed toyota in the front of the mess on constrictor but I dont think it was him.

I guess I dont know.

dan
You could have snuck in after.... I was sitting in one place when I saw him drive up, a little bit later I moved and saw you sitting where a tree would have been blocking you from my first vantage.

You sure snuck up WW on that last try. :greg:

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Yip that line worked preaty good for sure.
First attempt I smacked the alum fairlead and removed a chunk of alum, moved over a bit and right over.

Sorry I didnt see the offenders, I did give a guy on constrictor right in front of monobeam94 some grief he had no lockers and no winch. I just mentioned the sign at the head of the trail and just watched him beat on his rig for a while. They finally had to winch him past that obstical.

All in all a peaty good run, having that loop in the ground ROCKS!!!

All thoses involved get major kudos from our group.

dan