Snow wheelin, who's going where?

RogueJeepr

Here!
Well. Im all fuelled up and ready to go somewhere. My woman is holding me to my "do something different" rule and we did RS last year . So I was thinking maybe a Bountiful run or topaz but with the cold, being closer sounds better.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Going out by winnemucca NV tomorrow. Its gonna be COLD. 6 for a high they say. But there is at least 2' deep untouched snow. Should be fun

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What is the water spraying for?

To make awesome sculpture, naturally. :cool:

That is just below a little dam, so there must be a pipe coming out the bottom. Ice blocks stuff off, and pressure makes it spray, which creates more ice. :D That's my assumption, anyway.

Are those things yours? My goodness they're big! :eek:

Yep, they just keep growing. It sometimes amazes me how fast time flies...

RogueJeepr

Here!
Did some snow wheelin the last few weeks. First time was a secret trail that had no tracks on it. Good fun when it has snow otherwise really mild but coming out of the canyon snow had drifted over the road making it deeper the lower we went. Cruising at 40mph we soon bogged down to a stop. 5min of digging and reversed out and up onto the side of the road where the cows had been walking was better.
The other day , I alone went up to South mountain to check out the hang-gliders. On my way back from the r/c flight park going through one of the deeper sections, it jumped out of the main tracks and bogged down to the frame. The snow there is icy underneath because of the wind.
Tried digging out for an hour or so and sticking things under the tires to no avail but...... Good thing my woman has a jeep and came to my rescue. After some failed pulling I engaged my winch and soon was out but sure was tired after all that digging.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anybody have Friday off? I'd like to hit some snow after the little storm tomorrow. I was thinking black Rock Canyon, or maybe make an all day affair and cruise the Pony Express Trail.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Anybody have Friday off? I'd like to hit some snow after the little storm tomorrow. I was thinking black Rock Canyon, or maybe make an all day affair and cruise the Pony Express Trail.

What time are you thinking?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Somewhere between 11 am and 3pm would work for me. That's for Black Rock, my lady doesn't want to spend all day on the P. E. T.

I'm going to be in Bendover Thursday night for a friends birthday, if i'm back in town in time on Friday i'll PM ya