Snowbird expansion in Mineral Basin

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
The meeting is tomorrow.

-Is the offroad community doing anything to identify who/what we are while there? signs/posters/ect
-are we sitting in a group, going together, doing anything together.... or just showing up?
-What should be our focus and plan while there? Are we being allotted time to speak?
-If we simply show up and listen, how will those in charge know why/what/who we are there?

Tonkaman

The meeting is tomorrow.

-Is the offroad community doing anything to identify who/what we are while there? signs/posters/ect
-are we sitting in a group, going together, doing anything together.... or just showing up?
-What should be our focus and plan while there? Are we being allotted time to speak?
-If we simply show up and listen, how will those in charge know why/what/who we are there?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The meeting is tomorrow.

I'm not 100% on the format of the meeting but wear a 4x4 shirt, perhaps make a respectful pro-AFC public land sign (such as these: http://americanforkcanyon.com/selfie-campaign-protect-af-canyon/) in fact print a bunch and bring them with you!

Be prepared to speak or clap when the time comes!

Pile of parts

Just saw this.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=37...elop-lower-american-fork-canyon&s_cid=queue-3

25752832.jpg
Scott G Winterton/Deseret News

[h=1]Snowbird abandons plans to develop lower American Fork Canyon[/h]

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We are happy with the trend and that our discussions with Snowbird have yielded considerations for the protection of 4x4 access in the canyon. That said, tonights meeting is still important and we need everyone there to keep thr dialogue open.

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Knowing sneaky Snowbird, saying they aren't going to develop is probably just a ploy to keep people from showing up tonight.

jeeper

So far the only comment even remotely with the idea to develop the canyon was the politician.

Many horse lovers represented.

Off-road community pretty quiet so far.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
So far the only comment even remotely with the idea to develop the canyon was the politician.

Many horse lovers represented.

Off-road community pretty quiet so far.

Pretty quiet because they are not talking or pretty quiet because there is low turn out by the off-road community?

jeeper

Wrapping up.. Only 1 comment from moto group, none from specific 4x4/off-road users.
Many 'multi users', but I think there should have been a lot more from off-road specific.

However, I didn't say anything either. So I am just as much to blame.