Snowbird expansion in Mineral Basin

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Don't count your horses...

Mountain Accord did in fact remove any and all references to the American Fork Land Swap from their current plan and thus future planning which is a win. This thing had the potential to really go sideways and sneak through with MA as an acceptable "casualty" of a bigger war. That is no longer the case. However, I'm confident Snowbird is still going to show the land swap on their own outside of MA and we still have to watch the outcome of that. This situation is far from over.

Bart

From what I'm reading and seeing Mountain Accord will make recommendations, but Snowbird can still pursue their own interests. Is that correct? Thanks for all your work on this Kurt.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
From what I'm reading and seeing Mountain Accord will make recommendations, but Snowbird can still pursue their own interests. Is that correct? Thanks for all your work on this Kurt.

That is correct. Snowbird has purchased quite a bit of land up there, specifically in Mary Ellen Gulch, Mineral Basin and Miller Hill areas. They will be a factor in our continued usage and we hope to work with them to retain access while respecting their property rights.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I've brought this up 100xs on here and often with belligerent reaction, but this just proves who is better at managing lands.
In this case, if it were up the the Fed, not only would Snowbird be building, there would also be plans on the table to turn the reservoir into a big wave pool.
Local control of public lands better reflects the will of the locals.
Many on here have voiced their lack of trust in state and local government because they don't have a proven track record of conducting themselves honorably like the Fed does... m'kay. In this case, your fellow Utahns didn't let you down.

There's so much more that could be done at the local levels and my hope for Utah is that this spark ignites a flame of states rights awesomeness.

Excellent job.

Utah Bureau of Awesomeness Department.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Local control of public lands better reflects the will of the corporations that line the pockets and fund the campains of the local officials, as opposed to federal control of public land which better reflects the will of the corporations that line the pockets and fund the campaigns of federal officials. Often the local officials are bought and paid for at a much lower price than the feds.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Local control of public lands better reflects the will of the corporations that line the pockets and fund the campains of the local officials, as opposed to federal control of public land which better reflects the will of the corporations that line the pockets and fund the campaigns of federal officials. Often the local officials are bought and paid for at a much lower price than the feds.

But that didn't happen here. Time to let this narrative go.

Utah Bureau of Awesomeness Department.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
But JL, all movements toward a trade thusfar were done so by State and local components. The fed (USFS) has made zero initiative either way

Fail ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Update on the situation

[video]https://www.facebook.com/hookedonutah/videos/10153496112385310/[/video]

(won't embed as planned but worth the watch)