Snowy Hell's Revenge 2-14-10

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
A group from WeBeJeepin' went out on the H.R. trail on Valentine's Day.

Well, I’m not going to start off with a story about how the balmy breezes descended on Moab. I keep hoping they will and as in years past, sometime around EJS or shortly afterward, the snow will all melt away and spring will truly be in Moab. A week or two of that and then it’ll be 100 degrees again! Hurrah!

Anyway, we prechecked the first fin on Hell’s Revenge and determined our rigs could at least go that far and then we all prepped our vehicles for the trail. A total of 8 rigs showed up. Another sign that spring isn’t too far away. Melanie was out with her new 35″ tires and is seen here getting some big tire advice from Susan.

Rick has his little purple Jeep eater out for some fun. Jeff did a few mods over the winter and Rick is eager to test them out.

Redroxx has a passenger today. My co-worker Alisa was in Moab for the Red Hot Race and wanted to see what all this rock crawling was about.

Well, after getting over the first fin, we discovered that there’s still a LOT of snow up here.

Some of the fins provided some good sliding. The sunny side was clear but the west side of most were still snow covered and a bit dangerous. This didn’t stop anyone though. Rick was in the lead today and decided we were going to do some Jeepin. We saw where the TeraFlex group turned around. We went down the fin and to the right into the canyon bypass.

Can you pick your landmarks? See the trail anyone? Yikes.

Well, we made it out to the overlook but Hell’s Gate was all snowed in unless you have a Sno-Cat. Gene, where are you with yours? That would have been something to see……

So, we realized the hot tub area was under too much snow to access so we retraced our tracks and took the side trail over to the Escalator option. At this point I was leading and was quite excited to see that the obstacle was clear. Here we GO!

Redroxx couldn’t wait to get up into this daunting and super fun obstacle. My passenger Alisa was game and you can see her holding on to the ol’ OSB quite tightly!

I think she likes it though. She has a little stock JK and I’ll betcha we see her out in her own rig later this year. After much flouncing about in the Escalator, Redroxx found the line and made it through.

Next comes Rick.

Looks like a good line if we can keep that passenger rear up on the wall! He made it after a couple of tries as well.

Susan is next. No real trouble finding her way out of the main obstacle…..

She just decided to show off after she was up and out……it’s been a long winter with no cameras about for Sue. Nice shot, huh?

Gary Lee? Are you okay?

Yep, just taking a little Samurai nap. That’s why they call that rig Over EZ. Here’s a nice shot and once again, after a couple of tries, Gary and Melanie were up and out.

Not sure what the deal was at the top of the obstacle but more than one rig got a lift here. Go Bad Cat! All is well.

Everyone who tried Escalator today made it just fine. After we finished playing, we had lunch and then finished the trail. Tip over was snowed in so we used the bypass and we were out a little after 1pm.

Not a full trail day but much better than what we’ve had the past few weeks.

Thanks all and see ya on the trail.

Melissa

jdub

Scrambler
I'm pretty sure I have been to Moab a couple of time in the winter months but I have never seen snow like that. I've been in Moab when it is snowing but I never thought it would accumulate. I like the snow factor on the trails, it mixes it up I think I even like it over dust.

Fun report!

Houndoc

If the snow keeps falling on Moab, perhaps the new rigs will be:

thebombadier.jpg