So, how was the deer hunt?

Houndoc

Personally, got lots of hiking in beautiful country with perfect fall weather and spent time with my kids, dad, brother and cousin. For those reasons, hunt was a success.

But, saw all of one buck who just kept doing little things to prevent me from getting off a shot.

Anyone fare better?

D

Deleted member 12904

I did the muzzleloader hunt and it was about the same. Lots of hiking, good excuse to get out with friends. Only found one buck and while he was about 30" it was late and I was back in a ways and really didn't want to deal with getting him out solo in the dark. And I had a cast on at the time also so what do ya do. Always next year.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I hiked around with my son. He carried his .22 so he felt like it was a success.

Shot a little guy at about 75 yards. He is tasty.

Then we spent the rest of the time off hunting cotton tails, catching crawfish and have a great time.

Overall a really good hunt this year

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
driving my daughter to a soccer game opening weekend. Two 4points walked right in front of me. I had to hit the brakes to keep from hitting them.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
No luck yet, gonna hit it tonight and Saturday. Last saturday was a lot of steep climbs and lots of miles but it was fun.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
driving my daughter to a soccer game opening weekend. Two 4points walked right in front of me. I had to hit the brakes to keep from hitting them.

That is funny. After shooting my little deer we went back to my sisters house and there was a 3 point and a 4 point eating grass on her lawn.

D

Deleted member 12904

Reminds me of this
[video=youtube_share;NdApyFlf6DU]http://youtu.be/NdApyFlf6DU[/video]

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I got a three point last night on a quick hike up the canyon and it wasn't 5 miles from the road like we usually are. My son got a buck with his bow a few weeks back.

sabatoa1

A couple people in my family did pretty good this year here are some pic's. My brother enlaw Gavin's deer
36F9B0DB-85F5-444A-B0C0-CD6C2F039F77-22584-000007FFB9D4BD2F_zps33725d32.jpg
My cousin Levi's deer
1A718875-AF0F-4331-BA7B-64E6F03F45F4-22584-000007FF92A4F00C_zps89f9d503.jpg
My sister enlaw Candise's deer
70014FB6-0E1D-4BDE-ABA7-2474543C75CD-22597-0000080181397B7E_zpsb5c23eda.jpg

Last edited:

Houndoc

Sabatoa, nice work! Some nice bucks taken. Where?

Deviant, where did you hunt? While I don't think I could ever walk away from a 30", I don't like getting deer out by myself anyway, let alone with a cast.

At least sounds like folks enjoyed the hunts. That is the real point, anyway.