So, I got rear-ended today...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
fj40fax said:
I know a damn good chiropractor too, ME!!! Seriously, if he was going more than 5 miles per hour, you have soft tissue injuries (the soreness you felt). Take 2 aspirin and call me at the office in Pleasant Grove 796-7961.

Fax
I've done SOOOOO much worse to myself every time I've gone wheeling than anything that bus did. No worries here.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
MR.CJ-7 said:
dude that sucks!

Sorry to hear it happened luckily you are OK!

Good luck with the self-insurance thing
Called them today. Dude I have to talk to didn't answer. I left him a voicemail, and he never called me back. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. I was hoping they'd make this easy...

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
Called them today. Dude I have to talk to didn't answer. I left him a voicemail, and he never called me back. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. I was hoping they'd make this easy...

have you let your ins. company know? If I were you, try calling UTA once more, if you still get their voicemail leave a message letting them know that you will be claiming this through your ins since they won't return your calls and they will now have to deal with your company. I will bet you money you will get a call back ASAP. FWIW, your company should be more than happy to take care of you and then go after them for their money.

Meat_

Banned
Supergper said:
have you let your ins. company know? If I were you, try calling UTA once more, if you still get their voicemail leave a message letting them know that you will be claiming this through your ins since they won't return your calls and they will now have to deal with your company. I will bet you money you will get a call back ASAP. FWIW, your company should be more than happy to take care of you and then go after them for their money.

That or have a lawyer leave him a voice mail ;)

Caleb

Meat_Popsickle said:
That or have a lawyer leave him a voice mail ;)

lawyers cost money (unless your mom is a judge :rofl: ) but ins won't cost you anything additional, any way you go at it I would inform your ins. company about the accident.

Meat_

Banned
Yes they do. And your insurance will do it for free then get thier money back from UTA. However, this smells of runaround.... the sent of runaround always pisses me right off... so I'd be calling the lawyer and making it hurt.

grinch

inner city redneck
RockMonkey said:
...BY A FRICK'N UTA BUS!!! Just sitt'n there at a red light minding my own business... Then BAM! There's suddenly a damn bus in my back seat! Driver said he "mis-judged the distance". :rolleyes: This is why I don't drive my truck, EVER. I woulda been pissed if UTA jacked up my truck. The lil' TJ handled it like a champ, not very much visible damage, but you better bet the UTA (who is self-insured, BTW) will be fixing it. :mad:

You know a rear end collision is what started Jakes TJ into its now liberty rock buggy state..........

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You don't think claiming it through my insurance will cause my rates to go up? I do. I will let them know about it, but I don't want to claim it through them. I do like the idea of threatening that to the UTA guy though.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
You don't think claiming it through my insurance will cause my rates to go up? I do. I will let them know about it, but I don't want to claim it through them. I do like the idea of threatening that to the UTA guy though.

no it wont cause your rates to go up (or it shouldn't). I had to do this when I got hit by an Allstate insured person. Allstate was refusing to pay the claim to my satisfaction so I went through my ins. company who paid the claim to my satisfaction and then went after Allstate. My rates were never touched. I think it may count as a comprehensive (which does not affect your rates). Its kinda like un-insured motorist claims, they dont affect your rates either.

To doub;le check, make an annonymous call to your ins. company and ask. IMO, if it will affect (effect?) your rates then I would start looking for a new company, these are the times you should be able to lean back on your ins. company for help. Afterall, not everyone's dad has work for State Farm for almost 20 years :D