So, I got rear-ended today...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
...BY A FRICK'N UTA BUS!!! Just sitt'n there at a red light minding my own business... Then BAM! There's suddenly a damn bus in my back seat! Driver said he "mis-judged the distance". :rolleyes: This is why I don't drive my truck, EVER. I woulda been pissed if UTA jacked up my truck. The lil' TJ handled it like a champ, not very much visible damage, but you better bet the UTA (who is self-insured, BTW) will be fixing it. :mad:

britney

Queen of Chit!!
:rofl:
That would have been interesting to witness. Were there many passengers on the bus?

Oh, I guess I should ask if you're OK?
(Not that I really care that's just the polite thing to ask. Right?)

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Wow, Sorry to hear that! No insurance is a bad thing if you dont have any money!! Good thing he is willing to fork over a couple Grand for it.....it is going to cost you a few thousand to fix right?? ;) :D :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
britney said:
:rofl:
That would have been interesting to witness. Were there many passengers on the bus?

Oh, I guess I should ask if you're OK?
(Not that I really care that's just the polite thing to ask. Right?)
There was one passenger, and I made him late for his shift at Wal-Mart. Dude was a few nuggets short of a value meal. He told me to call the police and tell them I had a 10-50 situation. I later asked him how he knew the codes and he said when he's not working at Wal-Mart he was a junior deputy. :rofl: Nice kid, just not quite all there...

If UTA asks, I think I may be feeling some neck pain.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Barbie said:
Wow, Sorry to hear that! No insurance is a bad thing if you dont have any money!! Good thing he is willing to fork over a couple Grand for it.....it is going to cost you a few thousand to fix right?? ;) :D :D
I'm sure the UTA can afford to fix it. Weird damage though... The geared, locked, Dynatrac ProRock 60s fell right off and disappeared!

Meat_

Banned
I hate UTA. I've almost been creamed by them pulling into traffic with no regard MANY times. They shouldn't even be in Utah County, we voted them down at least 2 times, yet they got shoved down our throats. :mad2:

britney

Queen of Chit!!
RockMonkey said:
If UTA asks, I think I may be feeling some neck pain.
:rofl: How could you not, that's a big hit for such a little tiny jeep.
I'm sure it was way worse than hoppin down something like Wayne's World.

RockMonkey said:
I'm sure the UTA can afford to fix it. Weird damage though... The geared, locked, Dynatrac ProRock 60s fell right off and disappeared!
That's just terrible, I think that happened to Jeremy's jeep too?

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Tiny said:
How the hell do you misjudge, he's pretty much sitting on the front bumber :rofl:
Yeah, and my TJ is pretty much flat on the back (no spare tire carrier), so in order for him to hit me my hard top would have been nearly touching his windshield! He was like 170 years old, so he may have really bad depth perception at this point in his life. :rolleyes:

embabe

My own epidemic!
What do you mean you don't have a spare tire carrier? Didn't that disappear too? ;)

Seriously though, that sucks! If you really do have neck pain, I work for some awesome Dr's. And base on experience, don't tell UTA you don't have neck pain untill you are absolutely positive you don't want anything checked out. Insurance is such a pain.... :mad2:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
RockMonkey said:
Yeah, and my TJ is pretty much flat on the back (no spare tire carrier), so in order for him to hit me my hard top would have been nearly touching his windshield! He was like 170 years old, so he may have really bad depth perception at this point in his life. :rolleyes:

If you need a tire carrier I have one from a 99 TJ. I was in a UTA bus once when the driver miscalculated the distance and he drove his rear wheel into the back corner of a stopped Mustang when he was trying to change lanes on Foothill at 13th south. I had a great view since I was in the seat above the rear wheels. I watched as the mustang's left rear quarter panel was totally wasted. The bus drove part way up the rear of the mustang. The bad part was that they made us all sit in the bus for an hour until the next bus came along.
Dave

JoeT

That sucks! I got tagged last week in the wife's ZJ on the way to work. I "need" a complete new rear bumper. :eek:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I had a UTA driver change lanes as I was alongside of him, the front of my truck was about to the drivers side window. He Just started coming over and forced my over a lane, Luckily no one was there....Then when I got along side him he flip me off!!
How the he!! can he not seea long bed, lefted PSD!!!!
Anyway, I looked at him and started dialing UTA on my cell phone....They must have called me back 6-7 times to get the whole story..... :p

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
britney said:
That's just terrible, I think that happened to Jeremy's jeep too?
Could you point the driver out in a line up? Anyway to track him down? I could really use this guy for my Jeep and a minivan. :hickey:

UTA is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get your CDL. They train you for free, do in-house testing, and you only have to stay employed with them for 6 months.... Most UTA drivers only have 6 months driving experience :eek:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hickey, it's bus number 9220 if ya want to track it down and park in front of it. East bound Ft. Union and 9th East at about 3:30 PM seems to work best. :)

fj40fax

I know a damn good chiropractor too, ME!!! Seriously, if he was going more than 5 miles per hour, you have soft tissue injuries (the soreness you felt). Take 2 aspirin and call me at the office in Pleasant Grove 796-7961.

Fax