Political So now what

Political discussions within

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
@Cody here's one example of a person who was right there at the Capitol riot, right next to the woman who died. The FBI arrested and interviewed him, and it's 100% clear that he was anti-trump judging by his comments to the FBI interviewers.

His comments are in that article.

DAA

I'm also firmly on the side of my stuff isn't worth taking anyone's life over. My shit, is not more valuable, than your life.

Ehhh... Philosophically, yes, I agree. In practice... I might fail to live up to my ideals. Best bet would be not to put me in a position of having to make that decision. And please, don't genuinely scare me while you are taking or destroying my stuff. That might compromise my decision making, in the moment.

- DAA

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I'm also firmly on the side of my stuff isn't worth taking anyone's life over. My shit, is not more valuable, than your life.

I concur. However.. How do I know that my stuff is where it ends? Is my life next?

I also believe that a thief left to steal becomes a greater threat to the next person, and then greater again. Almost EVERY situation of a shooting involves a person who has a long history of issues... Rosenbaum included. Had one of the Dad's of the molested boys taught Rosenbaum a lesson, maybe none of this would have happened.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I concur. However.. How do I know that my stuff is where it ends? Is my life next?

I also believe that a thief left to steal becomes a greater threat to the next person, and then greater again. Almost EVERY situation of a shooting involves a person who has a long history of issues... Rosenbaum included. Had one of the Dad's of the molested boys taught Rosenbaum a lesson, maybe none of this would have happened.
Sure. But if someone is coming into your home, vs you traveling to a location intentionally to confront trouble.. They're different things. If someone is coming into my home, trust and believe I'll defend my family. I'm a gun owner like the rest of you guys. If there is a riot looting one of my businesses, I'm not going down there armed to defend my junk or try to be a vigilante hero. It's not worth it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
There's been a lot of discussion and people doxxing on this subject and yea it turns out that the ones running through the inside were mostly antifa types. But there were a lot of people outside that were stirring a ruckus too. But again, were they burning down buildings and tipping over cars and making death threats to others in the streets and outside their homes?

I can dig up more, this was about 5 minutes... but I'd rather head out to the garage.

Well, looking at those screen shots really seals it up air tight lol. I can't believe the media isn't all over this.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Sure. But if someone is coming into your home, vs you traveling to a location intentionally to confront trouble.. They're different things. If someone is coming into my home, trust and believe I'll defend my family. I'm a gun owner like the rest of you guys. If there is a riot looting one of my businesses, I'm not going down there armed to defend my junk or try to be a vigilante hero. It's not worth it.
I would do exactly the same as you in these situations. I think you and I are also aligned on the open carry issue. I'm VERY picky with how and when I open carry.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
To play devils advocate. So who puts a stop to the lawlessness when law enforcement has been called off? Do you just let the mob roll through the whole town rioting and burning? You wait until they show up to your house? What about an elderly neighbor that can’t get out of the house if it’s set a blaze. Or a business owner living in their business.

Tebbsjeep

Do you guys think the rioters that were attacking security at the the capitol should have been shot?

I believe that if the evidence shows that a person maliciously/intently caused/causing another person harm/injury to one's self, that said victim is of course allowed to defend themselves. We have self defense laws in this country(for now, and hopefully indefinitely), and they are for everyone. The whole life, liberty and pursuit of happiness thing right? Admittedly, I didn't follow the Jan. 6 coverage as much as this trial.

It depends on what you're protecting. If it's people, I get it- protect yourselves. If it's stuff... that's silly to risk your life for stuff. I have kids to watch grow up. If my choice is to watch my home burn down or risk my life or take somebody else's life... I'll bring the matches.

I can understand that. Everyone gets to decide how big their flock is as they say. But as others have said, maybe they won't extend the courtesy of letting you leave.

Would any of you be just thrilled if your 17 y/o son grabbed an AR from his buddy and went into a city to defend it from rioters? I mean it is the honorable thing to do, right?

That’s the part I struggle with the most, his age. And again, I’m glad he wasn’t convicted but where were his parents?

Thrilled? No, but I'd be far from ashamed. Knowing your child is off to fight a conflict is scary, but parents do it everyday sending their children to war in the armed forces. They swear an oath to defend the country from enemies both foreign and domestic, and I'd classify any domestic group that seeks violence against innocent people (BLM or KKK) as a terrorist organization. Their age for me doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for your responses to my question. I may not agree with them, but thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The media that convinced everybody that Kyle killed 3 black people that day because he was a racist? By all means, go with them as your source. They literally sold that narrative.
I mean, random screen shots of random social feeds are compelling and obviously should be taken at face value. But I missed the 3 black people thing. I thought it was only two, and weren't they white? What am I missing here?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Yea it was pretty weird... right off the bat and for several days they were saying that he shot 3 people of color and then they move on without any correction and the damage to the truth remains for over a year until the trial starts. Imagine having to be judged by your peers when they have already been severely misinformed. Pretty wild.

Irregardless of race, the outcome should have been the same. Actions are what matter. Color does not.
Even if you ignore the early lies about the race of the participants, the narrative now is that if Kyle were a black kid the cops would have shot him. I don't know if that is true or not but it is totally hearsay and irrelevant to the charges that he was acting in self defense. People can't even pay attention to the actual charges he was being tried on.

I don't know if any of you remember this, but Mike Wallace called Kyle a white supremist in the presidential debates when he asked Trump if he would denounce them. That is pretty clear where the media stood and pretty obvious now that it was all a lie.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Even if you ignore the early lies about the race of the participants, the narrative now is that if Kyle were a black kid the cops would have shot him. I don't know if that is true or not but it is totally hearsay and irrelevant to the charges that he was acting in self defense. People can't even pay attention to the actual charges he was being tried on.

I don't know if any of you remember this, but Mike Wallace called Kyle a white supremist in the presidential debates when he asked Trump if he would denounce them. That is pretty clear where the media stood and pretty obvious now that it was all a lie.
and then there are his actions after the shooting. He surrendered himself to the police. This article covers the testimony of one of the officers at the scene.

https://www.insider.com/kenosha-officer-explains-why-he-didnt-arrest-kyle-rittenhouse-2021-11

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Let’s not forget the post incident actions of the guy “providing security for blm” in Portland

“Reinoehl was killed in Lacey, Washington, on Sept. 3, just hours after an arrest warrant was issued for him on a second-degree murder charge in the fatal shooting of 39-year-old Aaron "Jay" Danielson on Aug. 29 in Portland. Authorities alleged that Danielson was shot to death during a street confrontation with Reinoehl, who told Vice News he was there providing security for Black Lives Matter protesters”

Small contrast

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
PHOTO-I-Got-250-Million-From-The-Media-For-Defamation-Lawsuit-Kyle-Rittenhouse-Hold-My-Beer-Meme.jpg