Southwest Crawlfest... what went wrong?

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Just so everyone knows, I had asked Steve via PM the other day to take all of my pictures and videos off his site as well as any of the rock crew info. Rock Crew was not affiliated in anyway with his statement at the bottom of the main page nor did he ASK if he could use us to promote his event, The statement reads: "The members of organizing clubs Rockaholics Anonymous and The Rock Crew invite you to join us this winter" I/we will not be affiliated with him or his event.

So Steve, Why would you want to keep our pictures up? we obviously don't want them there based on the pm's I sent you asking them to be removed....

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Wow I hope he's a better accountant than a fact checker! Hey Stratton, you need to pay again....after all this is to benefit land use :lol:

Seriously though...why was your CASH PAID registration OBVIOUSLY not accounted for....hmmmm wonder how many other CASH paying attendee's are not accounted for (or at least their cash)

Last edited:

rholbrook

Apology

Stratton,

I will publically apologize to you and have no problem doing so, I will even call you tonight to do it. I asked 2 times for the list of names that paid at the day of the event and was told by the women who took the names and money that I had them all. Those I had to hand enter into the database which as you can imagine was not fun on my part. This list I can not verify as I was not there making sure I got them all. Until then, I will will remove your name from my post. Stratton, I am again sorry and I have asked Steve to go back and ask her to look again for any registrations she may have not passed on.

Russ

Russ,
You obviously don't know who Tracy is, or you would have realized that he was a volunteer that helped lead two trails at Crawlfest.

I am a paying member of the Utah4x4club, Blue Ribbon Coalition, USA ALL, NAXJA, and the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association as well as a board member. I'm a member of the Rock Crew, and more positive 4 wheel drive groups than I will list.

And I don't appreciate you defaming my character. I paid my registration in cash at the event Friday morning: I even paid for the dinner for my wife and I, and hot lunch on the trail (which we never got by the way). I handed my money to Ron Jensen, at the sign up table, I watched him put it in the cash box and signed my waiver. My wife and Tyler Harper were standing next to me and Ron's wife and daughter were standing next to him working the table. Ask them if I paid. My wife and I even stayed late both nights and helped clean up.

Russ, I've gone wheeling with you a number of times. You have been to my house. I thought more of you. You aught to know better than to talk down about others without factual evidence, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
However,
I would like an apology.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Just so everyone knows, I had asked Steve via PM the other day to take all of my pictures and videos off his site as well as any of the rock crew info. Rock Crew was not affiliated in anyway with his statement at the bottom of the main page nor did he ASK if he could use us to promote his event, The statement reads: "The members of organizing clubs Rockaholics Anonymous and The Rock Crew invite you to join us this winter" I/we will not be affiliated with him or his event.

So Steve, Why would you want to keep our pictures up? we obviously don't want them there based on the pm's I sent you asking them to be removed....

I have also repeatedly petitioned that Mountainyoats 4x4 club be removed from the SWCF website, since we had nothing to do with the event, and don't care to at this point. I've received no reply, and last I checked our name and link are still up on his site. Nobody from the Mountainyoats was ever contacted concerning the use of our name on the SWCF site.

Seriously though...why was your CASH PAID registration OBVIOUSLY not accounted for....hmmmm wonder how many other CASH paying attendee's are not accounted for (or at least their cash)

Oh hell, I was thinking about this too. :(

rholbrook

Tracy

The apology goes out to you as well, I will call Steve to get the facts here. I don't however apologize to anyone who joined the event without paying, especially if they have posted on this thread.

Russ

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
RHolbrook:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have tried to stay on point, with varying degrees of success, regarding this issue. I'll try and counter your cry of "unprofessionalism".

First of all, I absolutely HATE that any of this was necessary. But it was, and why? Because Steve wasn't providing any answers to any question whatsoever. Reasonable questions were brought up, weeks after the event, no one had an answer. Read the letter from the BLM, listen to reports from last year, etc. I tried hard to stick to facts, namely that, for whatever reason, NO communication had been had with Steve. Why not? All he would have had to say was "Someone's looking into it, but it's going to take a while, software problems." Ok, fine, we can all understand that, and cut some slack. But that's not what happened, is it?

Steve made some misleading statements in the original thread, chief among them that he had "talked over the monies" with Sarge and myself. I have no reason to doubt Sarge, but I will limit my response to what I myself personally experienced, and that is that no such conversation took place. I was sent an email with very general numbers--- which I took as a general, rough sketch of what was going on--- and the agreement that he would deal with what promised to be a mountain of questions. And by the way, when I say "agreement", it wasn't something he promised ME, it was the idea that yeah, this needed to get dealt with.

As for people "sneaking in" to SWCF, did Steve get an exclusive use permit? If not, ANYONE has the right to be on those trails. To accuse people of robbery when that crime was not committed is libelous, and tells me something about your slant on the whole issue.

If Steve would have said ANYTHING AT ALL about what was really going on, I'm pretty sure an awful lot of this would never have happened. If it's unprofessional to state facts regarding U4WDA's actual dealings with Steve, so be it. I tried several times to have some conversations with Steve to try and clear this up, and he refused. That's fine, but in the meantime, people wonder. I have no problem stating "this is what we've got so far-- these are the facts".

I'd suggest that you go back and re-read that BLM letter and maybe try and understand why some of us have a little bit of reluctance to take Steve's word for things. Everyone has the chance to make things right, but that's not automatic.

As for those "who act like mature adults and who gain respect by being respectful", I have been patient and respectful with Steve. I treat people with the respect they deserve, but I am not going to sit back while questions of theft, lying, etc are brought to me personally. I would hope that you might ask for the same answers to those kinds of questions as I did.

Anyway. Steve said he'd respond Thursday, so I have nothing more to add.

kungfufighter06

out of my way bitches!
I tried to stay out of this as long as possible..... I was a vendor. I PAID for registration. I am a part of ROCK CREW. I was a mid-gunner. I DO NOT like being called out like this, very direspectful. RHOLBROOK you need a whole lot more facts before coming out like this, Very UNPROFESSIONAL!!

ALSO with my product for the LAND USE RAFFLE I donated a tonneau cover with MSRP of $300 which was stated very clear. It was raffled off as a value of $500. Just made me look bad when the winner of the tonneau cover came to my store to redeem. So if my $300 item became a $500 item so how much was the $45,000 raffle REALLY?????

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Sorry, I deleted my comment, I do not want to be misunderstood.

I'm going to suggest that if many, many people are claiming something, there may be something to it. When an individual is able to potentially hurt the ENTIRE 4wd community in the eyes of say, the BLM, his actions are worth a look. When that individual stays silent, suspicion is bound to grow, and lots of conjecture starts flying around.

Only the truth can clear things up.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Wow, this is sad. I have been on RME since the beginning and I can honestly say this might be one of the worst posts/situations I have read about. As many of you know I'm no stranger to a good internet war. But for this, dude, Rholbrook to call out and then back peddle with apologies...? Sorry man you are a punk, get your facts before you post on a popular forum.

I would also like to say that Steve should man up and post up. Quit being a pu$$y by letting this go on for so long with out even a post, it is wrong. I get that you may want to get some facts before you post your findings, but you are sending out the wrong signal by not posting something.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad I didn't go this year....:(

ricsrx

I will state I dont know any of you that are from the clubs down south, and have only met Steve twice at the crawlfest,
My Nephew is a very active land activist, when he told me Steve contacted him about posting on his site promoting crawlfest and possible using his site on the crawlfest site he agreed.....So he put the crawlfest on his site and a short time later he started getting emails from the should i say the group down south making defaming statements about Steves character and to immediately stop associating him self with Steve if he knew what was good for him. My nephew is not into rockcrawling and doesnt know any of you. He contacted me about it and I had no idea, I didnt think any thing of it at the time. How did you all know Steves every move??
This all happened befor the event even started....
Some of the facts may be off but one thing is true..Those who are out to bring down Steve will not stop at any level or on any forum, and i see them like politicians who have to tear down there opposition to build them selves up.... And it looks like some have posted up here making the same statements as prof they have no integrity.
Sorry Greg but i couldnt hold back any longer as well delete as needed.
Rick

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That's disappointing. If a claim is to be made, proof should also be provided. That's fair, honest, transparent, etc.

EDIT: I mean, if someone makes a claim, they should offer proof--- not that you, Rick, were saying anything disappointing. ;)

Certainly no one is perfect... You make some very valid points.

--Tacoma

ricsrx

Tacoma that is why my in first post in the original deleted thread i came off all half cocked...And I want to apologize publicly

Ideal with these types of personalities all day long at work and I have no patience for it on my favorite web site.
I realize there are some very valid statements here form those that have been wronged. and they have every right to know the truth.
I think we all know the basic facts associated with SWCF and we all know the remedy.

Yes Tacoma time will tell the truth and you cant out run it.

Last edited:

del0075

I will state I dont know any of you that are from the clubs down south, and have only met Steve twice at the crawlfest,
My Nephew is a very active land activist, when he told me Steve contacted him about posting on his site promoting crawlfest and possible using his site on the crawlfest site he agreed.....So he put the crawlfest on his site and a short time later he started getting emails from the should i say the group down south making defaming statements about Steves character and to immediately stop associating him self with Steve if he knew what was good for him. My nephew is not into rockcrawling and doesnt know any of you. He contacted me about it and I had no idea, I didnt think any thing of it at the time. How did you all know Steves every move??
This all happened befor the event even started....
Some of the facts may be off but one thing is true..Those who are out to bring down Steve will not stop at any level or on any forum, and i see them like politicians who have to tear down there opposition to build them selves up.... And it looks like some have posted up here making the same statements as prof they have no integrity.
Sorry Greg but i couldnt hold back any longer as well delete as needed.
Rick

maybe you should be more informative on the groups down south as you say, because i can tell you for a fact it wasnt utah4x4club. and as far as rholbrook, i wasnt at the swcf, and i havnt stated any thing that does not have backing..........

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Tracy

The apology goes out to you as well, I will call Steve to get the facts here. I don't however apologize to anyone who joined the event without paying, especially if they have posted on this thread.

Russ

I did not register and did not go out on the trails, hence, I did not pay any registration fees.

I did show up and pay for the dinner and buy raffle tickets. I did so because U4, USA-All, BRC with Del Albright were there and I always do what I can to be there and support the cause. If the money I paid for tickets did not go to these orgs. then I was there spending money under fraudulent purpose.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I appreciate not only your willingness to apologize, but also your rational summary of the real issues here, in bold:

Tacoma that is why my in first post in the original deleted thread i came off all half cocked...And I want to apologize publicly

Ideal with these types of personalities all day long at work and I have no patience for it on my favorite web site.
I realize there are some very valid statements here form those that have been wronged. and they have every right to know the truth.
I think we all know the basic facts associated with SWCF and we all know the remedy.

Yes Tacoma time will tell the truth and you cant out run it.

We've got enough problems from the Man, we sure don't need it from within. Everyone should be focused on keeping our public lands accessible... But even so, what's wrong is wrong, and more or less DEMANDS to be dealt with.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
So he put the crawlfest on his site and a short time later he started getting emails from the should i say the group down south making defaming statements about Steves character and to immediately stop associating him self with Steve if he knew what was good for him.
Rick

Rick, I think you need to clarify this a little, I have NEVER sent even a single PM to anyone warning of "steve" or his "dealings" SO when you say "clubs down south" Are you implying that it was someone from RC? I assure you we want only the truth about steve and his event, seeing as how he has taken it upon himself to IMPLY that RC is an "organizing club" to the event. WHICH WE WERE NOT!

Your reply "should I say from the group down south" Sounds like a rumor to me unless you have some proof to post up ;)