Spaggyroe's scratch built early Bronco build.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I connected the battery and started testing things. The throttle blade was responding to the electronic peddle so that was s good sign. I connected my tablet via a Bluetooth obd2 adapter and used the torque pro app. It looks like all of my sensors are online.

I hit the key and cranked the engine over for the first time. If it would’ve had fuel, I think it would’ve started. 😎

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I wish I could 😍 that underhood pic more than once. Soooooooo clean!!! The whole build is amazing. I have some gas at the house. I'm in Lehi. I can bring it over after work. :D

Come on over. Keep the gas, but help me put together those gawdawful PTFE lined hoses. They are the WORST. The scrap rate of the hose ends has been high.. but at least they're expensive.

XJEEPER

Such a cool project and takes me back to the late 80's, cruising around in my buddy's 72 Bronco Sport, charcoal with a white HT. I hope that an alarm system with a hidden GPS tracker is in the works as well......I see too many stories of cool rigs like this getting disappeared.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I finally found a hard top, locally, that’s in fair condition, and at a fair price. It needs a little work but it doesn't have too much rust to contend with.

The guy said he had it stored in his shed for 25 years.

View attachment 131180
I know you're gonna reconditioned that top, so I think you should consider having a glass shop redo the glass in gray tempered. We used to do a lot of that for hot rods and old trucks back in the day and it always looks so much nicer than tinted clear glass.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Such a cool project and takes me back to the late 80's, cruising around in my buddy's 72 Bronco Sport, charcoal with a white HT. I hope that an alarm system with a hidden GPS tracker is in the works as well......I see too many stories of cool rigs like this getting disappeared.

Being an online forum, I can neither confirm, nor deny, any such equipment.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I know you're gonna reconditioned that top, so I think you should consider having a glass shop redo the glass in gray tempered. We used to do a lot of that for hot rods and old trucks back in the day and it always looks so much nicer than tinted clear glass.

Hmm. Tell me more. Is this something that any glass shop can do..??

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
They have to send it out to be tempered, but yes, any should be able to. They will pull the glass and make templates, then send them to a tempering facility. There are several gray colors to choose from. Ask them to have the bug or logo deleted. That's the cert stamp for the tempering that's acid etched into the glass after its gone through the furnace.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
They have to send it out to be tempered, but yes, any should be able to. They will pull the glass and make templates, then send them to a tempering facility. There are several gray colors to choose from. Ask them to have the bug or logo deleted. That's the cert stamp for the tempering that's acid etched into the glass after its gone through the furnace.

Great info, thanks!