Sportman Event July 2nd and 3rd

Bart

RockMonkey said:
Stock class rules? Hmm, if so neither one of us qualify, Carl. Bummer. :(

Bummer indeed. It'd be a gas to run an indoor arena event. Wonder if they'd let us in if they don't get enough entries?
Bart

WJL

Can someone explain "Sportsman"
Is this event for the average person whos out to just try a event? AT $200 a pop I assume not.
The web site does not explain much.
More Info please???
Is it free to watch, times, all day event is there more than this going on, ect?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Bart said:
Bummer indeed. It'd be a gas to run an indoor arena event. Wonder if they'd let us in if they don't get enough entries?
Bart

it is not the stock class rules. They are running both the modified and super modified classes. However, continue to check on the definition of 'sportsman'. There was some discussion on the UROC forum about what a 'sportsman' really is.

Bart

WJL said:
Can someone explain "Sportsman"
Is this event for the average person whos out to just try a event? AT $200 a pop I assume not.
The web site does not explain much.
More Info please???
Is it free to watch, times, all day event is there more than this going on, ect?

Yes, fthe Sportsman series is for the average guy, and $200 a pop is quite cheap for entries these days. We pay almost double that per event, plus a $600 series fee.

Sportsman's class is the new way to qualify to gain entry to the UROC Extreme West or Extreme East series. Your rig must still meet vehicle requirements but the Sportsman series a great way to see if you'd like to advance in the rock crawling events.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Bart said:
Yes, fthe Sportsman series is for the average guy, and $200 a pop is quite cheap for entries these days. We pay almost double that per event, plus a $600 series fee.

Sportsman's class is the new way to qualify to gain entry to the UROC Extreme West or Extreme East series. Your rig must still meet vehicle requirements but the Sportsman series a great way to see if you'd like to advance in the rock crawling events.
Really? We pay that much? :eek: Wow. I tried to find out how much our entry fees are a while ago I couldn't find it on the UROC site. :confused:

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
There has been some question but to me about UROC competitors being payed if they place. The Answer is yes. You place you get payed. Thank you and have a nice day!

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
TEAM FRED said:
Maybe we will get lucky and UROC will cancel this event !!! Then all of us can enjoy a good event put on by a local group.

I really don't understand what you mean by that Fred. A local group is putting it on.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
do they need any volunteers to judge or something? i am going to go to the event no matter what, but i would like to be more involved and closer than the bleachers.
just wondering...
i wish they would let people just play on the rocks for fun and cheap, i would.

Caleb

xj_punk said:
do they need any volunteers to judge or something? i am going to go to the event no matter what, but i would like to be more involved and closer than the bleachers.
just wondering...
i wish they would let people just play on the rocks for fun and cheap, i would.

you ought to give them a call, I wouldn't be surprsed if they do need judges...I know UROC is always looking for people...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
yeah i would just like to be a little involved to learn more about the comp scene and to get a better view of things. i think it would be cool.
who should i call?

Caleb

xj_punk said:
yeah i would just like to be a little involved to learn more about the comp scene and to get a better view of things. i think it would be cool.
who should i call?

sky's extreme...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I just heard a commercial on X96 about the upcoming Sportsman Event! Sounds like Sky's is really serious about this beinga huge event.

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Greg said:
I just heard a commercial on X96 about the upcoming Sportsman Event! Sounds like Sky's is really serious about this beinga huge event.

hmm..you wouldn't know it to look at the course as of wednesday night....just got back and was sorely displeased...I sure as hell hope they are gonna have something better than that for saturday....

Andy

aka. Hollywood
koas4 said:
What was the courses like? discribe them a little. It might decide it
I enter or not. Thanks

Lots of rocks in a pile....? I talked to Bud this morning, he said 30 truck loads of rocks? I guess we will see.

Andy

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Andy said:
Lots of rocks in a pile....? I talked to Bud this morning, he said 30 truck loads of rocks? I guess we will see.

Andy

30 truck loads is pretty small...james and I rode out there last night at dusk and found the spot on the infield of the horse track. We are seriously hoping for more rocks that is presently there...I predict serious rock migration...these things aren't going to stand still under the torque and horsepower of a full comp buggy...I am going to keep an eye on things from an outside standpoint...if I gotta spot through this stuff, it aint gonna be a fun day!!