Spring Canyon (east of Kamas, near Mirror Lake)--anybody been there?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Based on a link I followed from another thread, I just learned about the Mirror Lake area. What really caught my eye was Spring Canyon, especially when the government map referred to the "Spring Canyon OHV/4x4 camp" area.

I'm not looking for a new place to bed down for a night; instead, I am wondering about wheeling this canyon. Is it actually a 4x4 trail like the map leads me to believe? And how technical is it? Would it be worth a trip?

If anyone has been there, please tell us about it.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We have been there plenty of times, it is a typical rocky Uinta road with small lakes along the way. Fishing is good at some of the lakes and there are some camp sites along the road. The road isn't all that technical but there can be a few spots that may require 4x4 depending on what you are driving.

GVR4Quinn

I haven't been there for a good 3 yrs it isn't to bad at all though I just went up as far as Alexander lake to do some fishing there, it was pretty nice up there.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
The road isn't all that technical but there can be a few spots that may require 4x4 depending on what you are driving.

Oh, so it's not a tough trail at all--nothing like the hanging tree trail, for example, like I was hoping. Oh, well.

Thanks.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I have been told that my tow rig would be fine up there but might need a spotter in a few of the tight/narrow spots. I am planning on doing some fishing up there in the next week or so and will let you know.