St. George easter weekend.

rock4fun

Here are a few pics of my trip to St George over Easter weekend. We met up with some guys from the ROCKAHOLICS 4x4 club and did a little playing around. these pics are from the first day I did not get any from day 2 couse I left the cam back out the house.

Attachments

• IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1634_1.jpg
    IMG_1634_1.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1636.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 38

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
did you see Shawn and Jarad down there, Lime green Jeep, and orange sammi buggy (team bird)? they were suppose to be down there last weekend.

ricsrx

Rick did you for get to get permission from the RME crowd befor you went crawlin again?
Looks like a good time.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Rick did you for get to get permission from the RME crowd befor you went crawlin again?
Looks like a good time.

The guys that are asking if the area is legal are concerned about the future of this sport and have put in their time & effort to keep the legal trails open. They have a right to be concerned and ask about an area... if it is indeed a place that is closed to travel, then the next step is to educate people on open and closed areas and why you can't just drive anywhere you please.

Driving on routes that are closed to travel are KILLING the fight to save legit trails, I'm not sure how people don't get that?! :-\ If it's open to travel, then great, wheel away! Spread the word about the area and get more support to keep it open!

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
A Little Confusion!!

We were over in the Toniquint area about 2 miles from the first U-rock Competition area and it is a combination of state and Blm I talked to the Blm and Clarified where we were and he didnt think that was a problem but i am getting more clarification Thanks Steve!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
We were over in the Toniquint area about 2 miles from the first U-rock Competition area and it is a combination of state and Blm I talked to the Blm and Clarified where we were and he didnt think that was a problem but i am getting more clarification Thanks Steve!
I am not 100% sure on this for everywhere, but in many of the latest RMP's everything is closed unless designated open. In the past it was the other way around. Areas were considered open unless designated closed.

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
I know for a fact that this area in general is an open area but there is boundaries for Motorized and non Motorized but the non motorized area is just over the cliff and where we were is motorized but i am still waiting for a map to be e-mail from Dave at the BLM office !!:)

rock4fun

My question exactly. It is one thing to knowingly go somewhere you are not supposed to. But it is entirely different to post pictures of it. There are people who monitor forums looking for ammunition to use against us.

First off who ever said we knew we were not supposed to be there. Second who are you to assume that we go and wheel wherever the heck we want. I don't know the area real well but I was invited to go there from the vp of a local 4x4 club that works closely with the BLM. I put my work in to and do all I can to wheel legally. I am always looking for new places to go and do my best to find out if we can get permission to do so. So please don't accuse me of being a rebel wheeler with out a clue.

rock4fun

The guys that are asking if the area is legal are concerned about the future of this sport and have put in their time & effort to keep the legal trails open. They have a right to be concerned and ask about an area... if it is indeed a place that is closed to travel, then the next step is to educate people on open and closed areas and why you can't just drive anywhere you please.

Driving on routes that are closed to travel are KILLING the fight to save legit trails, I'm not sure how people don't get that?! :-\ If it's open to travel, then great, wheel away! Spread the word about the area and get more support to keep it open!

Of course they have the right to be concerned and asking a question about it being legal is fine - but it is not necessary to make accusations that we were wheeling illegally!

rock4fun

Looks like fun. Glad you guys had a good time. I know you broke your drive shaft but how did your bro in-laws truck do ?

It did ok. He didn't wheel it a lot because it started to leak oil pritty bad from the front of the oil pan. But it was enuf to find out what we need to change and what we dont.

ricsrx

The way I see it, This is a dying sport. There is no way you guys are going to win this, the track record shows you are loosing it trail by trail area by area, Look at California for the future of were its going. I see every one lining up at Miller sport park to play on the concret rocks.

Only until every one from every walk of life is affected and they all ban together will it be taken back. but I just dont see it happening.

I look at 95% of the people that I personaly interact with every day, They dont have any intrest in what is happening with the BLM or land issues. they are more concered about crime and the 5 oclock trafic jam.

Ok I have said my 2 cents, fire away

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The way I see it, This is a dying sport. There is no way you guys are going to win this, the track record shows you are loosing it trail by trail area by area, Look at California for the future of were its going. I see every one lining up at Miller sport park to play on the concret rocks.

Only until every one from every walk of life is affected and they all ban together will it be taken back. but I just dont see it happening.

I look at 95% of the people that I personaly interact with every day, They dont have any intrest in what is happening with the BLM or land issues. they are more concered about crime and the 5 oclock trafic jam.

Ok I have said my 2 cents, fire away

Part of the problem right there...'you guys'. Mabey if we had more support from others who wheel, this sport would have a fighting chance. Until then, I'm fighting to keep trails open to the bitter end. No way I'm just going to roll over and accept what the eco-nazi's think is right.