Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Thanks for the compliments guys but a professional shop probalby would have done a better detailed job. Like more gussets, art, smoother lines, etc. But for a garage build I am happy with it. It is a blast to drive and We took it out on the highway and got up to 55 mph and NO vibration or wierdness. It drives smoother than it did when it was stock.

Matt, it is not nearly as capable at the Dodge T-Rex. When at Hollister Hills the T-Rex would just walk some of the obstacles, and with this Jeep we could not have even tried them. But sitll it is what I needed, a street legal family trail rig.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Tom Wood is repairing our damaged driveshaft and I am working on e-brakes. Here are some pictures from last week:

PIC_0038.JPGPIC_0039.JPG

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
This is just funny, I was just thinking about snorkels and after seeing this , i might not need one.

jeep-snorkel-fail.jpg

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Matt, it is not nearly as capable at the Dodge T-Rex. When at Hollister Hills the T-Rex would just walk some of the obstacles, and with this Jeep we could not have even tried them. But sitll it is what I needed, a street legal family trail rig.

Should we be expecting to see an editorial about the new wheels in Fourwheeler anytime soon?? Say.. The October or November issues??? The real question is, did Ken shoot the ZOMBIE while you were at TTC?? The first time you and I are both in Moab again... I'm going to have Rob Spot for you, and it's my turn to get driven over!! I promise I won't screw up the shot with laughing, crying, whining, about the only sounds you might hear would be the loud cracking sound like when bones are givin a free ride out of your skin!!! But don't worry... I trust you all more than anyone else in the wheeling world! That will be an awesome view with all the different things and their unusual places they are secured. Either we di it then, and/or, I will be bringing my Ramp back down to Moab next trip!! The only fee for the use of the ramp shall be a nice, cold, beverage, and I will leave it up to you so you can decide the payment?? Or should I draw a very clear line part way up, and if you get your rig up on it, further up the ramp than the mark I gave.... If that's the case ......you are disqualified from the comp and you have to pay with a 6 pack!! Then there will be two zones from there up to the top.. If you get as far as the point on the ramp, you would be charged one adult beverage..... If you get all the way up to the next area, just a nice COLD bottle of either Power-Aide, bottled water, or Gatorade. If someone has enough articulation to get all the way to the top and park there, without any of the tires lifting off the ground, (as per the rules for 2013 RTI Ramp Champ Competition!!!)....... Then that is the person who wins a 6-pack of their choice.....either water bottles, 6-pack of Gatorade or Poweraide bottles, a 6-pack of your favorite pop, or a 6-pack of a nice adult beverage (such as Bud/Lite, Heinaken/light, Corona/light, etc..)

Stay tuned for more updates on the planning of the Ramp Champ Competition in the Pack Creek Campground!! I will start a thread shortly!! So start thinking of when and how we want to plan for!

Stan, I'm very sorry for the hijack there... I just can't wait to see the Jeep in action!!!

Ok... :bow: Stan, you can continue with your AWESOMENESS my brother!!!! :thumbs:

Last edited:

LT.

We really do need to get together and go wheeling. Some of my favorite memories are of all of us wheeling, playing pranks, goofing off, and just being real. Sheesh, do you remember when we were at the top of one of the fins, on a rainy day, and Stan broke into a song and dance about the Beck Street Boys? Cheston, Matt, Stan, and I all were just really goofy that day. Or at the Pack Creek Campground when Stan's air hose burst on his CO2 tank? One of my favorite memories was my first Easter Jeep Safari with Matt just riding shotgun in his short bed. I don't know what it is but, when we are all together it seems like the funniest stuff happens.

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
We really do need to get together and go wheeling. Some of my favorite memories are of all of us wheeling, playing pranks, goofing off, and just being real. Sheesh, do you remember when we were at the top of one of the fins, on a rainy day, and Stan broke into a song and dance about the Beck Street Boys? Cheston, Matt, Stan, and I all were just really goofy that day. Or at the Pack Creek Campground when Stan's air hose burst on his CO2 tank? One of my favorite memories was my first Easter Jeep Safari with Matt just riding shotgun in his short bed. I don't know what it is but, when we are all together it seems like the funniest stuff happens.

LT.

True True...... The Tire grooving parties were the best, maybe it is the smell of burning rubber that gets us silly.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
OK, I got the E brake built. New custom cables are in and the lever is working. Cool. I will have to work on a lever for the second T-case.

This weekend will be fender work.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando

LT.

True True...... The Tire grooving parties were the best, maybe it is the smell of burning rubber that gets us silly.
I will definitely agree here!! Between The Beck Street Boys, our tire grooving parties, and having such a great time shooting the proverbial fecal matter around the fire, we have such an awesome time on the trail and off!! Not to mention a couple videos, each a couple minutes long, of the attempt Stan made to back up Frenchy's Fin in a steady rain!! The result was leaving about a twenty-sixth inch of tread in a set of six, steaming and very hot patches of rubber on the sandstone!! Not to mention the video I have of Brad spinning the fluorescent work lamp causing a disco effect, and Stan's..... "Private Moment" with a half grooved 44" Bogger!! Yep that's right.... We had some wild times together!! We totally have to do it again!!
- Matt

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Yep, Chevy disks in the middle, and Cadalac disk in the rear with the ebrak spring. Six States built me the cables, and then I installed them. The fenders are done. It tool awhile to make then since the metal is thin and so I had to weld a bit in the front and then rear and alternate so that I would not cause warpage. I will try and install them tonight.

I will be testing the Jeep out again this week end in Teluride / Ouray area, do some trails there like Tomboy, Black Bear, Emogene...etc..

LT.

Lets plan for a Moab trip in October. Around Columbus day how about?

Sounds like a plan! We have the wildest of times when we are all together. We need to get your build partner out there as well. Turbosniper and I were kicking around an idea about heading into southern Colorado and doing some of the easier more scenic trails. Imogene, Engineer, and Anamias Forks were on the list. Something we could just drive our daily drivers up, wheel a bit, see the fantastic sights, camp a little, and head for home.

We need to get back together though. One way or another.

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Was a late night last night. Up till 1AM getting the Jeep ready for the trip to CO. The Jeep gave me a concusion....dern razem frazemm @$#$&!!! I was under the Jeep and working on the suspension and Iwas trying losen a nut. I was putting my full effort into it then the wrench slipped and
i hit my head on the frame. Just about knocked me out.

I will post pictures of my progress later.