Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
It was a busy day yesterday, I finished the drive train. Welded in the Carrier bearing and got my new driveshafts form Tom Wood. Oh they are beautiful. I installed the drive shafts and worked on some electrical for my faulty third brake light. Then reworked my mud flaps, and waited till early this morning. I will not officially say that I took it out on the road for another test drive, but through Anoratic biodeninulative vertual third plain simimulation, in a cross dimiensional time vortex i was able to get the proper feed back and input behavioral response to make a judgment that the Jeep drive works great on the road. With all the drive shafts in it drove smooth and flawless up to 50 mph. I will hae to wait to simulate a virtual run at any higher speeds. ;)

This Jeep has exceeded my own expectations. Next I will have to test it out off road and see if the front locker works. Still only running rear wheel drive.

Here are the latest pictures:

DSCF8680.jpgDSCF8681.jpgDSCF8682.jpgDSCF8683.jpgDSCF8683.jpgDSCF8687.jpgDSCF8689.jpgDSCF8691.jpgDSCF8692.jpg

blznnp

Looks awesome man, we had a police officer like that back in Washington. Wrote me up for unsafe vehicle cause my truck was bigger than the laws stated it could, at least for bumper heights but not head lights. Got it dropped but I had to pay court fees since I only had 10 people in my court.

LT.

View attachment 72988/QUOTE

In this picture it looks like the rear of the body tub needs to be trimmed up some more. Is it just the camera angle or are the rear most tires pushed too far back for the body panels?

Hey my brother, I can understand your frustrations with the Utah Police. I even understand the want and need to take a vehicle out and test it. But, remember that the laws in Utah are going to be different than the laws you used to uphold here. Utah is tighter than a ducks back side when it comes to vehicle modifications. Just relax, take care of what needs to be addressed, and have fun with it. I can't believe how fast and how well the Jeep came together. Truly, you missed your calling.

LT.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I have been thinking the same thing LT since the first body on frame shots. I know he can't push the axles any more forward because just looking at the other pics he has no real rear front shaft as it is. I would do what i was going to do with the TJ I was going to build. Fill in the front half of the wheel well and bring the opening back. Then in that pocket in front of the tire I was going to make a battery tray on each side. This would help bring down the center of gravity...blah..blah as well as open up space in the engine bay and inner fenders. I would then finish off the comp cut all the way back. Weld some tubing on to the armor with some sheet metal for some fender flares. Then you could make the mud flaps removable and make them long enough above the bumper and make the top curve basically finishing of the wheel well.

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'd think that ticket for "unsafe vehicle" would be able to be rejected if you had the UHP sign off on the mods? That may require showing up at court though, in which case I'd probably just pay the fine. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, back in the day I got ticketed for "oversize tires". Rockmonkey did too, the same day. Both of us were on 33's at the time. :rofl: I just paid it, since it was in Vernal and I wasn't going to drive back to argue.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Surely you're driving record is spotless.... If that's the case, couldn't you ask the officer for a deferral? I know when I wrote someone his/her first ticket, I always allowed them to deferr it. Our system had the deferral policy that would at the person to have a year of no tickets and the original charge would be dropped completely. But, if there was any infraction from any officer, the max penalty for both tickets would be enforced with both fine and pts. Just a suggestion, though I'm sure you already knew that! :-D
- Matt

sixstringsteve

In this picture it looks like the rear of the body tub needs to be trimmed up some more. Is it just the camera angle or are the rear most tires pushed too far back for the body panels?

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like the wheels are about a foot behind where they should be to match up with the fenders. Is it just the angle I'm looking at? This thing has really come together. It's been fun to follow a build that has come together so quickly.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
The fenders are a couple of inches off from my original design, but it will look better when we get the fender bars on.

bamacpl

I would think there are bigger fish to fry, rather than picking on someone trying to test out their new toy!!!!!!!
--what a re model he is!!!! Pplllbbbbbbffffff.......

rholbrook

The officer just has penis envy. He knows there is no way in hell he could ever pull something off like this jeep so he has to harass Stan, come to think of it, I have it too. This is really cool Stan. Love the build and love how you think outside the box.

LT.

Let's look at it from the officers point of view for a minute, and not knowing Stan like I do. If I saw a vehicle like that I would turn around also. It is different, not something you see every day, obviously modified. What harm is there to turn around and follow it a minute? Then you see that there is obvious violations on the vehicle. Pull the vehicle over and learn that the modifications that have been made have not been approved, certified, or even looked at by anyone qualified to do so. Then the owner tells you that he just finished it and is testing it out on a public road. A road that has other folks with their families out. What if the officer did nothing and Stan's rig fell apart while going down the road and seriously injured people, maybe even his own family?

The officer did his job as he should have. If the jeep had a catastrophic failure and it wiped out my family, say in a head on collision, I would have been out for blood.

I know Stan well, and he is also my brother in law. I know the kind of work he does and I understand why the testing phase is needed. Knowing all of this I don't see any problem with what he did. During his testing he was not really making sure of anything other than highway road worthiness. He knew, as do I, that the vehicle was sound or, he would not have taken his whole family out in the Jeep. But, the officer did not have our inside knowledge.

Stan- I agree with what you did whole heartily. I also see why the officer did what he did. Public safety is paramount in the officers position. I know that your Jeep is safe, reliable, comfortable, and is road worthy. I, along with everybody on this board, are very impressed with how fast and how well your project came out. Kudos to you and your partner on this build!

LT.

gertsch

I can understand why the officer pulled him over it's the double drive by his home and stop and harrass Stan on his own property about his trailer being liscenced or not is my problem with the dude.

Rockin' machine Stan! Just finished reading the build, fantastic! Great idea on the reverse 205 case.

I love having two back seats in my scrambler, wish I had just a little more length. Actually, I don't...but the third row passengers do.

Say hi to the TTC folks.

Brett
TTC class of '95

bamacpl

Im sure, but there are bigger fish to fry. Send him home & leave him alone--if you see him again, then maybe a citation.