Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Where is Venture? I live in Roy...

Pennysvania Ave just off of 31. Down the street from JetWay and the Autoliv Air bag factory. They have tons of cool stuff, transfer caes, axles, you name it... Just Tell Chris I sent you.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Hey brother, I am relieved to hear you actually received your parts from ballastic. I can't wait to see how you pull all this together.

LT.

I got almost everything, Some DOM control arm tube, jam nuts, and rod end fittings are forth coming.

bamacpl

Ill have to go down there & check em out!! :)

I ordered some heims from ballastic almost a month age & still ain't got em'....

LT.

Ballistic has not been getting the best rep due to parts being promissed and then not delivered. I know they were rummored to be re structuring to help with that very problem. I am always a little amazed when they do deliver on parts. I am also a little suprised you received some of your order already. If you don't receive the rest of your parts don't be suprised by it.

LT.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Ballistic has around 50 creditors in a state action against them in AZ. I wouldn't expect anything ordered to show up. And why bother? Not only are the new millenium's USA6xSux, err USA6x6, there are options like Ruff Stuff, Summit, etc., that actually DO deliver parts you order. Crazy, I know.

:D

rholbrook

6x6 TJ has been done, its really cool and I saw it walk up Potato Salad one day. Part of who you are is because of a 6x6, I was really shocked to see that you sold the T-Rex. My suggestion is to do an 8x8, that would be really cool. I dont know if the wheel base will support it but it would be really cool. That may ruin it as a DD but a 6x6 would be the same way.

If your going to go big, go really big with an 8x8. There wouldnt be a magazine in the country or an off-road event not wanting it there.

Lets see someone whip up a photoshop of an 8x8

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
The Pateys from Utah here have a 6x6 TJ. They used to run UROC and he and I used to race our 6x6's up potato salad hill. The main reason I am doing it is so that I have enough room to haul the family, and dog, and a picnic along for the ride. Plus, I am sold on the capability 0f 6x6 over 4x4, you have soooooo much traction with that extra set on the ground,and it makes it very stable. I hope this project turns out well.

Bart

I was wondering if you'd go this direction. Been in the Patey Jeep a few times and its kewl. I remember them finishing the exhaust and we were all heading to Farmington, I think, to a comp. I called them a few times trying to talk them out of entering because the 6x6 was too pretty. They entered but did take it easy. They were able to climb most obstacles but the maneuvering tight gates, even with the rear steer, was not there.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
The middle axle will be about where the stock axle is. So Alex came over and we tore into the jeep.

DSCF8459 - Copy.jpgDSCF8460 - Copy.jpgDSCF8461.jpgDSCF8462.jpgDSCF8464.jpgDSCF8466.jpg

It took us just 3.5 hours to tear the Jeep down to the frame. Not bad for half a days work. This is going to be a fun project.