Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Yesterday we got alot done. 205 in position.

DSCF8488.jpg

DSCF8490.jpg building the cross mount for the 205.

DSCF8493.jpgDSCF8494.jpg

Put on the air bag / control arm brackets on the middle axle, fabed the frame mounts, and fabricated 4 control arms and installed them on the middle axle. It was a long day, but made some progress.

DSCF8496.jpgDSCF8497.jpgDSCF8498.jpg

Badger

I am the Brute squad
So do you have plans to offset one of the rear pumpkins to help with alignment and vibration? I would think if you offset the front rear axle to the driver side to line up with the lower(front) output then have the upper(rear) output going back to a the carrier bearing. This would help with articulation of the front axle wouldn't it.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Yes, I offset my old Dodge 6x6 Tow Rig, but this one was going to be straight with the use of a drop box. The drop box idea has been nixed due to yoke isssues so we are going this route. We will have two out puts, a carrier on the side of the middle axle, and then utilize two cv drive shafts..

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Those control arms turned out pretty nice Stan!
Thanks, can't wait for my new welder to show up. This ancient one I am using still sputters and makes it tought to get a steady bead. Motor for the wire drive must be wearing out.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
New welder showed up. MIG / TIG, Arc, and spool gun... Cool. Put it together, fired it up and it has a gas leak and gas in not making it out to the tip...grrrrrrrr. Back to my old box.:mad:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Excellent Alex, After this week ends race lets hit this thing hard.
Ventures Truck Parts just called, and they are done with the front axle, a beefed up High Pinion Dana 44 with E-locker. Yeah Baby!!!!!:smokin:

I will pick it up after work.

Then in the front we will be going with the Tuff-Country Lift and suspension, and the Tuff Country shocks all the way around. We will have about 5 inches of front lift with thier drop down pitman, springs, control arms etc...
http://www.tuffcountry.com/jeep-lift-kits/[/URL]
I have had 4 tuff Country lifts in some of my previous vehicles and they never had any issues, rode smooth, and gave me good articulation. They should do fine where this Jeep is going, on the trail and street(winter daily driver). I have tried some of the other brands of lifts and they rode like a brick and would jar your teeth out on a dirt road.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
This is what happens when you can't sleep at night because you are thinking of all the work you have to do on your rig.....you get up and quietly work on your rig. My neighbors are going to hate me. but this is what I got done last night.

DSCF8547.jpgDSCF8551.jpgDSCF8552.jpg

Everything is still just tacked into place and as soon as everything seems to move OK then I will burn it all in place. Alex and I will see if we can finish alot of the suspension today.

Last edited:

bamacpl

This is what happens when you can't sleep at night because you are thinking of all the work you have to do on your rig.....you get up and quietly work on your rig. My neighbors are going to hate me. but this is what I got done last night.
That's so funny that u say that!!!! I thought I was the only one that couldn't sleep cause I keep going over ideas & dimensions in my head then try to be all quiet....then I end up banging & chop saw a goin & all at 2am haha!