State HWY to Unknown Trail - NW of Heber / Midway **Lots of pics, 56k beware**

Maxxsmoke

NOObee
20th trip

Hey guys I would like to take my new stocker wrangler up there on the 20th anyone want to go ? hertzog could you please pm me some directions from the ogden area Thanks ! :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Maxxsmoke said:
Hey guys I would like to take my new stocker wrangler up there on the 20th anyone want to go ? hertzog could you please pm me some directions from the ogden area Thanks ! :)

Come help us build fences up AF that day instead... stay tuned for a thread about the project... Plus plenty of wheeling (including Snake Creek) after! :D

fjwear

cruiseroutfit said:
Come help us build fences up AF that day instead... stay tuned for a thread about the project... Plus plenty of wheeling (including Snake Creek) after! :D

Do I have to be a member of any group to be involved with this. I would love to help but might have a family reunion to go to. not sure on the date of the reunion.

- Rico.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
terrymac said:
Any news from this meeting?

Back from the dead...

The latest copy of the UNF Travel Map I have shows the trail from the turnoff (to Dry Fork & NF AF Canyon) all the way up to Suset Peak as a single track only trail. This is the case for at least one more "full-width" (IMHO) trail in the AF Canyon. I am going to present this to the FS this Spring at our "annual" spring planning meeting, I would love to know their officialy stance on these. We have discussed the "other" trail that this applies too in the canyon, they didn't seem to mind that it is primarily run by full-size or ATV's versus single track... but on the same hand they didn't "offer" to make any designation changes (which I assume takes ALOT of paperwork). If anyone still has the GPS tracks of the trail to the end, I would love a copy so I can prepare it for the USFS. Also, anyone interested in meeting with the USFS (and possibly taking the lead on this project) please contact me. Thanks!

Crinco

The snow is gonna be a little deep in the shady areas on any of the trails above Heber/Midway still. I would check it out for you, but my buggy is a little out of commission right now. Herzog went up last year in JULY and still hit snow. DeerCreek Reservoir ice is only about half melted, it may be a while before all the roads are open and passable. Just FYI.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Crinco said:
The snow is gonna be a little deep in the shady areas on any of the trails above Heber/Midway still. I would check it out for you, but my buggy is a little out of commission right now. Herzog went up last year in JULY and still hit snow. DeerCreek Reservoir ice is only about half melted, it may be a while before all the roads are open and passable. Just FYI.

I don't really need anybody to check it out... Im pretty familiar with the area. I just want a GPS coords for the trail (the endpoints are listed earlier in the thread). Technically this trail is illegal to be for a FS rig... Something I want to bring up to the FS... Its possible to get stoped by snow well into July in AF canyon. We ran Miller Hill (south) last year and were stopped by snow. We could look up to snowbird and see skiers at the tram :cool:

Crinco

Well Kurt, the truth is my comment was intended for Devel. He was asking for directions to the trailhead, and I wanted to make sure he knew that ALL the trails up here are still snowed in before he made the drive from Layton. I have read your posts and I am sure you know the area better than I do. There are some great trails and scenery up here, but it is too early to drive up I am sure.
"Technically this trail is illegal to be for a FS rig..." I was talking about driving up snake creek to check snow depth, nothing more.