Steering U Joint

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Shawn said:
OK, here is a question. Anyone know of a stock rig that comes with these on them? Do I hear PNP calling my name.......? ;)

The chevy trucks (new model) come with them....slip and joint.

What exactly are you looking for man? I can look at work....you'd just pay shipping. B

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
There was a problem with these on the New Model Chevy's (noise) when I was in the dealer....I gave about 8 of them to a buddy in Phoenix :rofl: ;) Let me see if he still has any....otherwise I can look at work.

Caleb

hey shawn, I have a shaft with joints and slip...its yours for free if you want it, I will post pics tonight if you're interested...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Shawn said:
OK, here is a question. Anyone know of a stock rig that comes with these on them? Do I hear PNP calling my name.......? ;)
Chevy fullsize van is what I used for mine when I did the conversion on my Jeep. Very easy to get to from the top of the engine bay. Bobdog, if you are still running the stock Jeep sector shaft, you NEED to do this mod. Huge difference in my steering. :cool:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Hickey said:
Chevy fullsize van is what I used for mine when I did the conversion on my Jeep. Very easy to get to from the top of the engine bay. Bobdog, if you are still running the stock Jeep sector shaft, you NEED to do this mod. Huge difference in my steering. :cool:
thanks,

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Caleb,

Could you also post a pick of the bender piece that I might need to use the degree ring you gave me. I would like to see it vs. mine.

Thanks,

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Hickey said:

I need to give you a call, I am still running the stock shaft.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I should point out, that the sector shaft I used from the chevy van is nothing close to a bolt on operation. I mainly used it's parts ( two joints and a rubber isolater/slip section) to build a better sector shaft for my CJ5. This required cutting and welding of critical steering parts, which should only be done by someone who knows how to fabricate competently, and only then after much thought.

Caleb

Shawn said:
Caleb,

Could you also post a pick of the bender piece that I might need to use the degree ring you gave me. I would like to see it vs. mine.

Thanks,

here is a pic of the degree ring mount, I can't find the shaft right now...I need to wait till my wife gets home to see if she may have chucked it :sick:

Attachments

• degreemount (Medium).JPG
    degreemount (Medium).JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 3

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Supergper said:
here is a pic of the degree ring mount, I can't find the shaft right now...I need to wait till my wife gets home to see if she may have chucked it :sick:
so the top of that still allows the pin to go down in right?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Hickey said:
This required cutting and welding of critical steering parts, which should only be done by someone who knows how to fabricate competently, and only then after much thought.
Humm,,,, so you let Holly do it for ya?

:rofl: :rofl: :eek: