Stephen's 2017 Nissan Patrol err… Armada

J-mobzz

Have had a busy work/life schedule over the past few months but finally had some time yesterday to take the Armada out on a post lift shakedown cruise. Everything worked great, rode surprisingly well on the washboard roads. I really thought that after replacing the air shocks in the rear it would be a much rougher ride, but it was still quite supple. Had a couple spots where I got a wheel off the ground (no pictures, sorry) and the traction control is still working great. I was a bit worried that the added weight of 35's would affect that negatively, glad it didn't.

I do have a slight, intermittent click/pop coming from the left front. Couldn't see anything obvious but I need to do some diagnosis on that, but it hasn't affected the drivability at all.

51247051203_bbc58c084e_h.jpg

51247903705_64369d9157_h.jpg

51247903600_a37167971a_h.jpg

51247028763_2a23d7bd28_h.jpg

Still need to get my camber sorted. Hopefully the SuperPro eccentric bushings solve that, should be able to get those installed in the next week or so.

That thing sure did turn out! I really appreciate your interest in unique vehicles, the level of research you do, and your willingness to share.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Supporting Member
Trip Leader
That thing sure did turn out! I really appreciate your interest in unique vehicles, the level of research you do, and your willingness to share.
Thanks! It's certainly been a fun build so far and I've enjoyed the challenge of it being a bit different. Can't wait to finally get the suspension fully sorted so I can start on the next batch of upgrades like a front bumper.