Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

sixstringsteve

Mine has definitely had a broken birf or two in the past. I'll take some pics and make sure I clean it up well enough. I'll need some opinions on it to make sure it's been fixed properly before I build it up. The oil seal area wasn't affected, just the inner ball.

sixstringsteve

Here's the pic of the damage to the pass side ball. I assume it's from a broken birf.

IMAG0134.jpg

What do you think Kurt? Am I ok as long as I run my marlin ecoseals?

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I will be working from 7 PM 'till 1 AM tonight if anyone wants to swing by and hang out.

I'll mainly be welding, grinding, and installing the dirty 30s and six-shooters.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Ill see if I can get you a couple pics. inside, ill see if I can get you one of the dog leg as well. I cant remember if I did both. Ill see what I can get for ya

sixstringsteve

steve your tires should of been in today. when i get to the shop tomorrow after class ill give you a call and let you know.

great! I bought some 17x7 wheels as a back-up, and I"m looking into having some custom wheels made sooner. I'll keep you posted.

sixstringsteve

I ended up with some 2009 tacoma steel wheels.

I found my camera, so I'll snap some pics tonight.

It's 10:00 and I haven't even entered the garage yet. I spent all night gathering parts.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Didn't get much done tonight other than picking up a million parts, and picking up the truck.

Here are the wheels I bought that I hope I don't have to use:

IMG_0385.JPG

Here's where I picked up from last night:

IMG_0388.JPG

And here's where I finished:

IMG_0390.JPG

I got the lower ball gussets on, as well as the steering stop caps. I still don't have the large diff armour (no biggie), or the 3/8" spring plate.

sixstringsteve

I've gotta give another HUGE thanks to Low Range Offroad for bending over backwards to help me. Sean offered to sell me his six-shooters for his personal rig, but thankfully we found a set. Big thanks to Dan for always changing my order 6 different times a day. Huge thanks to Lee for delivering my bumper, and Coco for hooking me up with some great prices on his parts that he had left over.

Last edited: