Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

mhafen

Steve looking good! After seeing the exploded view of the Tcase I dont think I can do one in the space I have. The twin stick looks cool thats a pain about the seat. Im stoked to see what the solution is.

krany

kranberry
I have some xj seats that are pretty comfortable, they rock too...makes sleepig in the seats so nice. I have no use for them, they have been sitting in my room since the jeep died, first thing I tore off of it when I parted it out

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I may have missed it but what is your frame height? And your belly height?

frame height is 23", belly height is 19". I'm glad the frame isn't much lower though, with such a long wheelbase (122-124"), it'd be scraping belly over stuff all the time.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I just bought a bunch of these from trail gear. Should be here today. Mark bought them too, and is so far really pleased. He put them on a about a month ago.

I stand corrected. The lights you got from TG are the exact same lights I got. Only mine were about 1/3 the cost.

Max Power

Bryce
Corbeau makes direct bolt in seat brackets for your truck. They are super easy to install and very clean. Their brackets have sliders built in. The seats in the photos are Baja XP suspension seats. They are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. These replaced the old bench seat. They should give you the clearance you need for the twin sticks.

Attachments

• PICT0271.jpg
    PICT0271.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 21
  • PICT0270.jpg
    PICT0270.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 19

sixstringsteve

those seats look really good max. I want to stick with a stock look. I'm not a huge fan of the 5-point harnesses, and those will prevent access to the rear seats. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to dog-leg the shifter about 2" forward to clear the bench, then I should be good. But thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Last edited:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
steve why not just cut the shifter in the middle and rotate it 180 degrees and weld it back together? So it will stand straight up and not curved to the seat

sixstringsteve

yeah, I'll end up doing something similar to that. I'll probably add a 1-2" extension to make it move forward a bit, but that's the general idea.