Stolen Landcruiser

Most of you know what it looks like. I'll post some pics. Stolen from my shop in Murray next to Mepco last night.

---------------
Here is a .PDF format flyer to download and print out.
stolen_cruiser.pdf
size - 478kb

-Herzog
---------------

fj40a.jpg

fj40b.jpg

Last edited:
It's not very streetable so it's probably not going to be on the street. I'm pretty sure I saw the guy who stole it.
Yesterday when I was working a younger guy probably in his mid 20's stoped by and asked who's it was. I told him it was mine and I was considering selling it so I took him out and showed it to him, ran it and everything. He said he was going to talk to his wife and he'd be back in an hour. I'm almost positive it was him, he did tell me that he did fiberglass work, mainly for jetskis and he was driving an old 70's style blue 2wd ford truck. I'm checking out all the fiberglass places I can find, it's probably wishfull thinking though.

The old "2% of the group making the 98% look bad" in action again. Can you describe the guys face, coloring etc? Also, for those of us who don't know the cruisa by site, can you list some of the mods you've done that would be noticably yours? If someone were to see it without it's lid, what would they look for?

I am really sorry to here about this, it makes me sick. I personally volunteer for a little freestyle pummeling on the culprit.

I will definitely keep eyes and ears peeled, as I am sure all on here will.

-Adam

PS... If the dirtbag is a lurker here.... Your best bet would be to make that Yote show up where it was left and you dissappear.

Thanks for your help guys. Here's a little more info.

The motor is a TPI 350, it has a dent in the rear left port on the intake manifold. Transmittion is a sm465 with nothing special, the T-cases are a 203/205 doubler, The adaptor between the two is a home made deal, there shouldn't be another one like it around. It has on board air with a chevy air compressor.

The front driveshaft has a carrier bearing.

The suspension is sprung over with add-a-leafs, it's also stretched about 6" with a shackle reversal.

14bolt Full floater rear axle, welded, with disc brakes.

44 chev front, narrowed 4", broken front left axle shaft. Stuffed a rag in the hole. High steer. Welded also.

It's been converted to saginaw power steering, has grey bestop supertop seats and a black bikini top.

The body very recognizeable so I doubt it's going to be seen around here. A lot of people out there know this thing so hopefully something will turn up.

As far as the guy, I remeber he was about my height (5'11") brown sorta curly hair, goatee, bad complection(sp?), kinda skinny thin raily type of guy. He was driging a dark blue 70's ford reg cab, 2wd. (I remember looking at his front hubs for some reason). He said he did fiberglass work mostly on jetskis.

Yeah, this takes some special stuff to start too, that's why I'm sure it was this guy because he watched me start it yesterday.

Here's a little more

The tires are old chewed up BFG muds on chrome wheels like you can see in the picture. The front left wheel is a black beadlock (it's the spare).

It has a small hoop in the front with two hella lamps, one is crushed from a rock.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
crimsonride said:
Yeah, this takes some special stuff to start too, that's why I'm sure it was this guy because he watched me start it yesterday.

Mine is more like an "interlock kill switch that is req'd to start the engine"...

I have it posted on:

PBB Landcruiser Section
IH8mud (Landcruiser Forum)
Wild Yoats

:(

shmoesmith

everyone remeber the little things tolook for like the one beadlock wheel or the crushed hella light..with a cruiser like that with such a unique paint job, the first thing I would do (if i were a theif) would be to slap on some rattlecan paint to cover up that paint job. I'll keep my eyes peeled. as sad as it is to say, this guy probably wont dare wheel it, he is probably going to use the parts for himself(if he owns a cruiser)or try to part them out on ebay/PBB etc...

You're probably right Doug, I'm sure the motor's the first thing out of it, then the seats, maybe they'll leave the rest of it but it's hard to tell.

Thanks Mark, here's my number in case anyone needs it

870-5386

I know (from past experiences) that it's unlikely that anything will show up untill they dump it but I'm still going to go after this as hard as I can. Hopefully something will turn up.

This is the second rig I've had stollen and I'm only 22!!! :mad2:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
When Angie's XJ was stolen, we put up flyers everywhere....all the shops, and pd/HiwayPatrol breakrooms....
A local shop owner saw it parked on the street in the Aves the next afternoon....Got it back, only missing the stereo/speakers.

I did see a stretched LC on a trailer in a parking lot on 7th E and 100th S earlier today, but it was green and behind a newer tan chev truck.

I'll keep my eyes open!