STRANDED WHEELER ON THE B Needs help.

jp008

Just got a phone call from Jim Davis.....He is on the 2nd level above the parking lot above the B his H3 has a broken inner tie rod end and front axle shaft. He requests a flatbed wrecker and some assistance to retrieve his vehicle. I have made a few phone calls to fellow RME ers to assist. If you can assist with the wrecker please call Jim at 850-582-4084. Or if you have compatible parts for his H3. I am on my way right now with my trailer if it is needed.

Thanks for your help.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
tried to get ahold of some people they are out of town for the day any help would be nice.

my truck is down from yesterday or i would be on my way down there.

twinmill28

Rescued at the B!

Man you guys rock! Thanks Jim Phillips and Joel! Shortly after I put the call out to Jim looking for a flatbed, he checked in his pockets, and poof, here comes Joel with the flatbed.
I think Big Sarge came into play here somewhere, as he called Joel from Pennsylvania telling him to get ahold of Jim; man these guys are top notch. Joel thought it would be funny to have some pictures of my 3 on his flatbed-- I guess besides RuggedH2, I'm the only guy in Utah who actually wheels his HUMMER. Turns out I snapped a tie rod and grenaded a half shaft trying to get up a hill just above the B. It was a blast, broken parts and all.
I just want to let you guys know I appreciate the help and now have a new friend who just happens to fabricate 4x4 stuff; we talked about doing the solid axle under the 3 and getting rid of that IFS. Woo hoo, this opens up the potential for gears beyond the 4:56's and a front locker!

Attachments

• Cross-eyed Mary.JPG
    Cross-eyed Mary.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Trail band aid.JPG
    Trail band aid.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 99

twinmill28

Actually been wheeling it pretty regularly around the B and V (and some of the vowels) with no issues, but this was the first run on the new 35's. The 06 H3 is notorious for snapping the pretzel sized tie-rods once you go to 35's, and I've once again proven that! The replacement tie rods are a little thicker, at least the size of one of those big pencils. I was knocking it around a bit trying to get up a line that I had run only 15 minutes earlier. If I'd have had the front locker, this would have been a non-issue--at least that's the story I'm telling the wife!:ugh:

jp008

You are welcome Jim......Devel, I think there are rocket packs tied to that wrecker. Damn you are quick.

I'm glad everything turned out ok. I think we need the power of RME to use the force and put a solid axle under the H3.

Oh Jim, If Alli asks about the solid axle just tell her the "Devel" made you do it.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
You are welcome Jim......Devel, I think there are rocket packs tied to that wrecker. Damn you are quick.

I'm glad everything turned out ok. I think we need the power of RME to use the force and put a solid axle under the H3.

Oh Jim, If Alli asks about the solid axle just tell her the "Devel" made you do it.

i wouldnt be a good wrecker driver if i werent quick ;)

twinmill28

A good wrecker driver is quick, but I was told you were rolling on this one before I even broke my junk!! That's impressive-----

Houndoc

Actually been wheeling it pretty regularly around the B and V (and some of the vowels) with no issues, but this was the first run on the new 35's. The 06 H3 is notorious for snapping the pretzel sized tie-rods once you go to 35's, and I've once again proven that! The replacement tie rods are a little thicker, at least the size of one of those big pencils. I was knocking it around a bit trying to get up a line that I had run only 15 minutes earlier. If I'd have had the front locker, this would have been a non-issue--at least that's the story I'm telling the wife!:ugh:

Good to hear someone actually wheeling a vehicle maligned as a mall crawler. Too bad its first publicity is a breakdown! :rofl:

When you get a minute, a little detail on the rig would be fun to read.