Archived street legalish????

rockmike

You need to be street legal to drive on trails in National Parks like Canyonlands. If you're caught, this administration may hold you indefinitely.

ya ol Bam Bam have his black suites(SS) beat me up and shove me in a dark hole some wheres lol.Im a conservative long before bam bam come along that for sure!

Google Translator said:
Yes, president Barack Obama will assign his law enforcement officers to assault and detain me in an unknown location. I have surely had conservative beliefs since long before Barack Obama became president!

rockmike

Behind the Rocks is a great trail, with some really nice scenery and a couple of pretty good obstacles. You'll go down White Knuckle Hill, but if your trail leader lets people try going back up, do it! It can be a pretty long day if there are a lot of rigs, and it involves about 10 miles of highway each way. Golden Spike is fun also, one of Moab's classics. It is a long day, actually three trails in one (Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim). There are a few miles of highway driving involved, and the start and exit are in different locations. Moab Rim is another classic, not terribly difficult, but some pretty good pucker factor in a couple places. It's an in-and-out trail, has the least amount of highway driving of the three, and is the shortest in length. Really, you can't go wrong with any of these, I'd just wait and see what is available on the days you want. Oh yeah, Hell's Revenge is definately a must-do, but if it was me, I'd run it one evening after the EJS group is done. You can run it in a couple hours, instead of sitting in line all day with 40 other rigs :D.

Registration is different this year. All registrations will be taken online (www.rr4w.com), and is supposed to open on January 20th at midnight. Registration will now be first-come-first-served, no more lottery, so be sure to register and pick your trails early to make sure you get what you want.

Great info Drtsqrl,I sure apprecaite it!I think I'll go for Golden Spike for tuesday for my primary trail on sighn up.I cant wait!this is going to be fun!!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I just got my volunteer assignments. Nothing on Monday so I'll try to sign up for Pritchett that day. I've never done Kane Creek ( yeah, I know--county road drive out will suck, I'm sure) or Steelbender(no idea there) so I think I'll sign up for those. Anyone doing either of those trails later in the week?

Volunteer stuff
3-31--Hells Revenge
4-1--Poison Spider
4-3--Elephant Hill

Last edited:

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
I just got my volunteer assignments. Nothing on Monday so I'll try to sign up for Pritchett that day. I've never done Kane Creek ( yeah, I know--county road drive out will suck, I'm sure) or Steelbender(no idea there) so I think I'll sign up for those. Anyone doing either of those trails later in the week?

Volunteer stuff
3-31--Hells Revenge
4-1--Poison Spider
4-3--Elephant Hill
I'm leading Steelbender on Tues and would love to have you.

p.s. You're with me again on PSM, if you didn't know.

rockmike

Im inked in and paid for my trails!

I got pritchett canyon on 4-2

then Golden spike on 4-3

then behind the rocks on 4-4

Hope to run Hells revenge somtime one of the evenings,let me know if anyone wants to hook up and do hells revenge on of the evenings that week?

Then BFE hope to run upper hellderodo 4-5

then back to EJS friday for some sight seeing,givaway action.

so stoked!

Did some snow wheelin this weekend!
zukbuild977.jpg

zukbuild980.jpg

Last edited:

Wicked Monkey

Banned
Bumpers need to be at least 4" wide. Fenders covering whole wheel. Mudflaps covering all of the tire. From ground to frame it can not exceed 26" at 4500lb
Errr, just do a quick google search on "Utah Lift laws" that will help. The basics are a no brainer. Lights, brake lights, turns etc. I cant remember if Utah requires a sway bar?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
So Bart is there room for another waist gunner or tail gunner on hells revenge that first weekend?

I could use an excuse to go down and I have something going on second weekend, so first weekend could work well...

zukijames

he's just going for moab street legal.. lol

Bumpers need to be at least 4" wide. Fenders covering whole wheel. Mudflaps covering all of the tire. From ground to frame it can not exceed 26" at 4500lb
Errr, just do a quick google search on "Utah Lift laws" that will help. The basics are a no brainer. Lights, brake lights, turns etc. I cant remember if Utah requires a sway bar?

rockmike

That snow wheelin pic...was a place called Cowiche Canyon up above Yakima,Wa.

I got a rearview mirror coming in and a side mirror in a couple days.I think the samurai will be close to ready to go this week end.Got alot of work to do on my home made toy hualer yet...