Stretching the TJ - finally

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Man, that looks nice. So nice, you can hardly notice how ugly your neighbors house is... :D

With the flush tail lights, are you going to need some sort of marker light now?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Man, that looks nice. So nice, you can hardly notice how ugly your neighbors house is... :D

With the flush tail lights, are you going to need some sort of marker light now?

Nope, you can see in the one picture that they have it :D There are 3? LED's on teh sides...

They aren't DOT legal though, because they aren't reflective. So get you some red reflective tape and put under 'em. :cool:

Cascadia

Undecided
LiteDot's actually have reflective tape that comes with them. It is red. I just put mine over the 2 mounting holes so you can't see the bolts.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
If I were to do it over again, I'd french the upper coil buckets into the frame. We just trimmed them as much as possible, pushed them back 5" and then built a filler for the front end.

The shocks are in the stock location and we notched the axle side coil buckets. I may end up moving the shocks to the front of the axle. As of now it's going to be tricky to find a place to run the exhaust.

Good to see the build coming along bart, looks awesome. i wish it would have been done while mine was still on 35s. Seems that we cant get it right:rofl:

A couple of things.

I think it would be worth it to notch/french the living p*ss out of the frame if you can. If not, you'll end up having to run stock coils that unseat on every obstacle. Hey, I'll bring the plasma if needed;)

You should also consider outboarding the rear shocks while you're here. It makes a HUGE difference in improving stability, especially in a triangulated setup. The ford towers can be had for pennies on the dollar. Aftermarkets aren't too pricey either. I believe TREKs has some a little cheaper than POLY.

My crappy 2c
MP

Bart

Thanks all, and what Wayne said on the side marker lights. They look kewl. Good information on the springs and shocks. I am going to run it and see what happens but feel that I'll be doing some mods to the rear spring perches and shock mounts in the future.

You are correct LT, the next project is the front long arm stretch. I'd love to find a way to push it forward more than 3 inches. I'm selling my hard top to finance it. After that I may throw an AW4 tranny in. I want to be able to hop in and drive to Moab or Death Valley. The difference from how it rode before and after this project is night and day. It was so squirly before but feels real good at 80 mph now.

BC, you are correct as always, nothing helps the look of that monstrosity across the street.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
We're headed for Baker Ranch in a few weeks, you ready to roll?

I want to be able to hop in and drive to Moab or Death Valley. The difference from how it rode before and after this project is night and day. It was so squirly before but feels real good at 80 mph now.

Bart

We're headed for Baker Ranch in a few weeks, you ready to roll?

Where's Baker Ranch? What kind of wheeling. I'm jonesing to get this on the trail somewhere. I'll be adding rockers in the next week sometime then I'm ready. I need to flush my heater core to see if I can get some flow through there, otherwise I'll be spending a day replacing the heater core.

Bart

Charlie Manson's hideout. Weren't you there earlier this year?

Ahhh, yes I was there, but it was about 20 months ago. What's your agenda for the trip? The guys I went with last time go every year and I've been playing with the idea of taking my junk down there in early spring.