Stupid Question: To bed line before or after bolting on stuff

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Silly question but should I spray my jeep interior before or after bolting on things with protruding hardware like rock sliders and corner guards?

Pro before: easier prep, don't have to remove then reinstall the hardware.

Con before: have to deal with drilling though the extra layer and may leave rough/raw edges when installing stuff.

Thoughts?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
100% spray before you bolt stuff on. It's such a pain dealing with bolts that have been sprayed. Plug every hole you don't want spray to get into with old bolts, tape, rag, etc.
prep is always the worst part of these kinds of jobs. But it is what makes it a great job.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
That's what I was leaning towards. Anyone recommend a product or a professional? I'm only saving a few hundred $$ between DIY and a professional which in the long run may be worth it.

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
About 5 years ago I (with the help of team Fred) pulled everything out of my tub.

Seats, cage, etc. patched the holes, replaced some thin metal, tied the seats to the roll cage, cleaned the metal, roughed it up so everything would stick, lined the whole thing with stuff you get at autozone/Walmart, did the Extra layer of UV protectant.

Been pretty happy.

i will say it's a pain in the butt, so while you have everything apart do everything you want to do. Not just a weekend job to do.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
About 5 years ago I (with the help of team Fred) pulled everything out of my tub.

Seats, cage, etc. patched the holes, replaced some thin metal, tied the seats to the roll cage, cleaned the metal, roughed it up so everything would stick, lined the whole thing with stuff you get at autozone/Walmart, did the Extra layer of UV protectant.

Been pretty happy.

i will say it's a pain in the butt, so while you have everything apart do everything you want to do. Not just a weekend job to do.

and to answer your question. Yes like unstuck said pull everything, place old bolts in things that you need to get new bolts in, line then put everything back in. :D