suggestions for scout camp out Utah County

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I need some suggestions for my scouts. We can't go for more than 24hrs so it needs to be close.
We have thought about Payson canyon, AF Canyon but need some ideas of out of the way cool places.

Anyone?

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
you could do a over night hike over Nebo, we did it in scouts and it was pretty fun, or the typical sand dunes trip, payson lakes area, good fishing experience,

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
North and South Willow canyons in the Stansbury range (south west of Grantsville) is good for scouts. In the summer I used to take my scouts up to the Uintas off the mirror lake highway and hike into the lakes around Trial lake.

KWight

I vote for American Fork Canyon, Forest Lake if it is only for an overnight, Pittsburgh Lake if you can go for longer. They are both really pretty areas, though I hear it is more crowded up there than when I was a scout.

My brother went 4 wheeling to a place called Shingle Mill near Mapleton I think it was (above the Cub Scout day camp). I was mad that he came by to see me (I was at work there) then left before I found out if I could get the rest of the day off. He talked about how nice it was which only irritated me a bit more. It might be worth looking into.

Kevin

zukgod1

Senior crawler
North and South Willow canyons in the Stansbury range (south west of Grantsville) is good for scouts. In the summer I used to take my scouts up to the Uintas off the mirror lake highway and hike into the lakes around Trial lake.

Mirror Lake is one we discussed.

We've about done Payson Canyon to death at this point, same scouts for 6+ years now.
I still enjoy it but the kids are getting board.

We are heading to Tim cave for a day trip in a couple weeks that will be fun, then we figured we would head up the canyon farther and have lunch then home.

Sure is good for the kids, me to I suspect.