Northern Utah Summer RME Quarterly Training Day - July 19th-20th

skeptic

Anyone coming with kids/wife? It turns out I actually can make it, and I'd love to meet some people and find some wheeling buddies as well as listening to the presentations and do a bit of camping wheeling. However, as sixstringsteve alluded to I'd hate for the kids to be sitting around bored out of their minds, but if other kids are around for them to hang out with then no problem. My boys are 10 and 14.

sixstringsteve

10-14 should find it interesting. It's the 8 yo and younger that struggle unless there's other to play with. By all means, bring them.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Anyone coming with kids/wife? It turns out I actually can make it, and I'd love to meet some people and find some wheeling buddies as well as listening to the presentations and do a bit of camping wheeling. However, as sixstringsteve alluded to I'd hate for the kids to be sitting around bored out of their minds, but if other kids are around for them to hang out with then no problem. My boys are 10 and 14.

My wife and boy will be along. He's seven.

skeptic

10-14 should find it interesting. It's the 8 yo and younger that struggle unless there's other to play with. By all means, bring them.

The 14 year old for sure, but let me put it this way.... My wife (their step-mother) does not want to be stuck on baby-sitting duty and has said if there are no other kids going she doesn't think we should go. I'm all in, I take the boys camping just the 3 of us regularly and they self-entertain. Heck, give them a couple fallen trees plus an axe and a hatchet and they are good for hours. Ultimately it's about keeping the wife happy (and she wants to go), so if at least one other similarly aged kid is around we should be good. If not, I may be able to work something out - let the 10 year old spend the night with a friend and just bring the wife and older kid... Even that isn't great, 'cause the 10 year old LOVES camping/wheeling.

Put me down as on the fence/probably.

kepkramer

I have family commitments Friday night and Saturday morning.

Is it acceptable to show up early in the afternoon hoping to tag along on a trail run?

I'd be bringing my 4 and 8 year old boys along for the ride.

sixstringsteve

sure. I'm not sure what time the trail rides will end up happening. It'll probably happen sooner in the morning. You're welcome to head up and try to find us.

Pike2350

Any ideas as to what each "class" will be? I won't be able to make it up Friday night, and wondering if the classes on Saturday morning are worth coming up for, or just coming up to tag along for the trail ride.

Also, is the meeting place for the trail runs going to be at Dutchman or are people going to be heading back down to Tibble?