Summit Machine May '08 Run - Price

Revenant

rmetrailslogopz3.jpg

Summit Machine has organized 6 trail rides for the 2008 season. These are purposefully set on weekends other than major holidays and known events. The second of these is scheduled for Saturday, May 17th. Further details will be added/edited in by this month's trail lead, Herzog. (Thanks for your huge help!)

If you're planning to go please post up; it'll give us an idea of how many to expect.

A full schedule of Summit's trail trips can be found here.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Trail Ride Info:
  • Where: Price, UT - Meet at Market Express Cheveron Click Here for Map - 1st N 600 W
    More info: Price Exit 240, You will see the Carbon County Hospital on your right as you exit. Turn left at the stop lights on the off-ramp to go under the highway then across the Price River bridge. You will will see Market Express Cheveron / Burger King on your immediate left.
  • When: Saturday, May 17th; depart at 10:00 AM!
  • What Trail(s): Lower Diff Hanger & Upper Diff Hanger; and then Judgment Day for those of you who want a little more action afterwards.

Diff Hanger trails are good trails for all types of 4wd vehicles with moderate modifications. If you are unsure about your equipment, post up and I will do my best to advise. Because of weather erosion, trails conditions may be different and I have not pre-run them this year yet.

Judgement Day will require two lockers and at least 35" tires w/ expected body damage.

JKS

A.K.A Sam
Diff Hanger Trails

Shane

I've ran both Diff Hanger trails this spring and there were no new surprises. Just good wheelin :cool:. You guys should have a blast. I would love to join, but I've made plans to go check out the car show this weekend, so maybe next time :-\.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shane

I've ran both Diff Hanger trails this spring and there were no new surprises. Just good wheelin :cool:. You guys should have a blast. I would love to join, but I've made plans to go check out the car show this weekend, so maybe next time :-\.

Sounds good, thanks for the update. Wish you could make it!

opssss... I'll be on the lake...:D

yeah yeah... -_-

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
Shane
...Just good wheelin :cool:. ...

X2, A few of us run Diff Hanger Friday night... got on the trail about 10:30pm... Had a blast, bent my tie-rod, and got some awesome video.

Originally the King Crawlers were planning on Running to Moab this weekend, but it isn't looking to good for anyone to be able to leave town... However, If you guys dont mind, I'll let the rest of the club know and see if anyone would like to join you... I'm up for joining ya. :cool:

Day4x4

Dave
Well I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4 door, 3 inch lift and 285 75 R16 how hard is these trails, i dont have any sliders yet so i dont want anything to extreem. is there any cost?
Thanks

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Well I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4 door, 3 inch lift and 285 75 R16 how hard is these trails, i dont have any sliders yet so i dont want anything to extreem. is there any cost?
Thanks

No cost, trail rides are free. :)

I'm imagining that your rig won't have any problems on the diff hanger trails... you could get hung up a few times on differentials, but that might be it. With good spotting you shouldn't have problems with rock damage.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
X2, A few of us run Diff Hanger Friday night... got on the trail about 10:30pm... Had a blast, bent my tie-rod, and got some awesome video.

Originally the King Crawlers were planning on Running to Moab this weekend, but it isn't looking to good for anyone to be able to leave town... However, If you guys dont mind, I'll let the rest of the club know and see if anyone would like to join you... I'm up for joining ya. :cool:

Sounds good, let me know what you guys decide to do. :)

JKS

A.K.A Sam
Thanks

There are some spots in Lower Diff that would be pretty tight for this rig. I would think some body damage would be likely ;). The trail is nothing too extreme though, it is just better suited for shorter wheel bases.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Glad to hear some people are planning to be there. :) I'll be there waiting. We likely won't depart Cheveron until 10:30 - 11:00 just to help everybody out who will be coming from SLC.

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
Well it looks like Moab is out this weekend so I'll let everyone know and those that are interested will be joining ya... I will be there for sure in the XJ and Shay said he will most likely join us in his Willy's on Rockwells... I'll see who else I can round up

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Are all three of these trails in the same area or do we trailer to the next one? How much time to run all three trails? I might be in.