superwinch hub trouble

rxcarl5

Hey guys the other day I blew the hub up on my jeep and am looking for a local dealer in the salt lake city area that still carries superwinch hubs. If any one knows who carries them and could help me out that would be great. That store I bought them from does not carry them any more. Thanks in advance

Meat_

Banned
If you end up buying a new hub, do yourself a favor and replace it with a hub that's easy to find and one that they hand you a replacement when you bring in a broken one.

rxcarl5

That's where I used to get them as well was at mepco aka teraflex plus but they dont carry them any more. It used to be a real quick and easy trade process but this has kind of made me concerned.

rxcarl5

Ok got the trouble resolved by getting a set of warn hubs.
This situation slightly bugged me because the superwinch hubs used to be easy to get. Yesterday I called the distributor for the valley who cant sell to the public which is fine and I asked them who in the valley carries them. They told me teraflex plus does. I just laughed and told them they no longer do according to teraflex sales people. I guess I finally got the part I should have purchased in the first place. Lesson learned

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
If you end up buying a new hub, do yourself a favor and replace it with a hub that's easy to find and one that they hand you a replacement when you bring in a broken one.

Like, for example, a superwinch hub?

Walk in, hand them the fragments, walk out with a new hub. Carry them at car quest in Moab and I think NAPA too.

I had a set of Warn Premiums and they were stronger, but the problem was that somtimes I would break a shaft or a joint before the hub would go. I'd much rather break a hub and spend 2.7 minutes throwing a slug in than break a shaft and spend an hour swapping it out and having to buy a new shaft.

Once I switched to the superwinch hubs it cut the number of broken shafts/joints in half.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Like, for example, a superwinch hub?

Walk in, hand them the fragments, walk out with a new hub. Carry them at car quest in Moab and I think NAPA too.

I had a set of Warn Premiums and they were stronger, but the problem was that somtimes I would break a shaft or a joint before the hub would go. I'd much rather break a hub and spend 2.7 minutes throwing a slug in than break a shaft and spend an hour swapping it out and having to buy a new shaft.

Once I switched to the superwinch hubs it cut the number of broken shafts/joints in half.

Or you could just get the warn hub fuses also

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
that sounds like a purchase to me. I could use free superwinch hubs and spend the money on going wheelin ;)

Some of you guys have your priorities mixed up.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
How does the Super Winch warranty work? I have their hubs on my CJ but never took the time to read the "if I grenade this what happens" info.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
take whatever is left into a superwinch dealer. I've used the following methods:

1: parts in a plastic baggy
2: hub screwed together with parts in side--sounds much like a baby's rattle
3: whatever parts you can find in a dirty/greasy hand and dump it on the counter.

all three worked perfectly ;)

I don't think they are that hard to find--you just have to remember. I'm pretty sure either Napa or Checker carry's them, and they have them at car quest in Moab (and maybe other places too).

I think it would be easier to find a superwinch dealer than a Warn dealer since superwinch seems to be more likely to be carried by national chains.

1993yj

I think it would be easier to find a superwinch dealer than a Warn dealer since superwinch seems to be more likely to be carried by national chains.

This situation slightly bugged me because the superwinch hubs used to be easy to get. Yesterday I called the distributor for the valley who cant sell to the public which is fine and I asked them who in the valley carries them. They told me teraflex plus does. I just laughed and told them they no longer do according to teraflex sales people.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

rxcarl5

napa would only replace them for me if I had the original sales receipt. since I did not have one cause I bought them at mepco, that did not work. Not sure if it was just that one napa up in bountiful being picky.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
really? I've never been asked for a receipt. They just send them back to Superwinch and get credit for them so what does it matter to them? I would threaten to fire bomb them.

I've broken probably 20 of those things and never once had a problem swapping one out.

rxcarl5

I had never had a problem either till this set and then it has been nothing but a pain in the butt. I might be going down to moab this weekend so I will hit up the car quest and get a replacement while I am there. It will be good to have spares anyway