Survival Knife

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I want an orange and green, and probably 2 of each. I also dig the bottle opener idea. How long before you might be selling these, I love knives and need some of these.

Caleb

I dig the red design (w/thumb notch). I think as a survival knife, it'd be sweet. I'd definitely pay $40 for a finished one.

muleskinner

Good point on the florescent.. I would be willing to test one out doing all sorts of stupid stuff for you ;) If you do these how long out are you looking to do it?

I'm not making these to use as an everyday knife. These are designed to leave in your pack for an emergency. They are extremely light and super sharp and hold an edge like crazy.

If you want a knife to beat on and pry with I can make you one. They will cost $300-$500 depending on what you want. I can put any grind on them you want- hollow grind, flat grind, scandi etc.

I'm waiting on a shipment of blades right now, so I'll have a better idea for a time line when they arrive. (Hopefully they will get here within a week)

I'm going to work on the bigger blade today.

I want an orange and green, and probably 2 of each. I also dig the bottle opener idea. How long before you might be selling these, I love knives and need some of these.

Hopefully next week. I'll post up when they are for sale.

I dig the red design (w/thumb notch). I think as a survival knife, it'd be sweet. I'd definitely pay $40 for a finished one.

Thanks Caleb

I dig the design for sure. I would want more stealthy colors. Flat black/olive/khaki...

That was my first thought on color schemes. The more I thought about it I figured brighter would be better for this type of knife. I can paint them whatever you want. (If I have the colors..)

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I dig the design for sure. I would want more stealthy colors. Flat black/olive/khaki...

I would like this option also, if I wanted to wear it on my belt when I was outdoors, I would want it to blend in a little more:eek:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I'm not making these to use as an everyday knife. These are designed to leave in your pack for an emergency. They are extremely light and super sharp and hold an edge like crazy.

If you want a knife to beat on and pry with I can make you one. They will cost $300-$500 depending on what you want. I can put any grind on them you want- hollow grind, flat grind, scandi etc.

I'm waiting on a shipment of blades right now, so I'll have a better idea for a time line when they arrive. (Hopefully they will get here within a week)

oh I get that it is a survival tool but that is the time that I want to know that the knife I have stashed away is going to help me get the job done (IE used in harsh conditions).

I will PM you a side note as to not take this off track :)

muleskinner

Still waiting on paint.

What do you think of this? Don't pay attention to the grind, its a little off. (I was short on time)

Wayne1.jpg

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
needs the bullets behind it... lol

I would rather have a flat black one as well... with a better grip... if you want 550 cord there is a vendor on facebook that makes a bracelet that is made from like 40 feet of cord... and the company donates to the military with every purchase.... so I would go that route for cord and your knife to pack away...

muleskinner

needs the bullets behind it... lol

I would rather have a flat black one as well... with a better grip... if you want 550 cord there is a vendor on facebook that makes a bracelet that is made from like 40 feet of cord... and the company donates to the military with every purchase.... so I would go that route for cord and your knife to pack away...

I'm looking into parkerizing as another finish.

I can put any grip on them you want. I'm trying to keep them cheap and simple.

I can braid bracelets or anything you want out of paracord
IMG_0909.jpg

This Monkey fist has a 3/4 ball bearing inside- and it hurts when you get hit!
IMG_0908.jpg

muleskinner

I'm not happy with the paint. Parkerizing stuff will be here the first of the week.
This one is for an 8 year old boy next door to me. (birthday present):D

He has been coming over every day and watching me make them.

One of my daughters modeling a neck knife
Knives122.jpg

Knives12.jpg

Knives1.jpg

muleskinner

Glad you like it!

Armor Coatings does an excellent job:cool: the powder coating seems to be much more durable than the Duracoat was.

I ground a dozen before Christmas, but they sold quickly. I'll probably grind another batch this spring if anyone else wants one.